1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

accessing rear seat belt mechanism in double cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jameswirl, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Feb 1, 2011 at 7:48 PM
    jameswirl

jameswirl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Pyrite Mica DCLB TRD Sport
    I have searched and looked in the "2nd Gen tips, mods, and more" section but could not find the answer. I want to access the seat belt mechanism for the rear driver's side seat on a double cab. The seat belt is stuck, and I cannot free it. It may have something to do with the gum i found on the belt just where the belt comes out of the pillar trim piece. Want to access the mechanism and see if I can figure out what is causing it to stick. Truck is under warranty, but I don't think this would be covered, and want to avoid the dealer if I can. It looks as if I will have to remove the panel behind the rear seat and then remove the pillar trim. I took out the 3 bolts on the panel behind the seat, and do not see any other fasteners, but the panel is doesn't want to move very far. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Feb 1, 2011 at 7:56 PM
    knayrb

knayrb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Somewhere in the square states
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl-Cab Off-Road
    Pure stock
    By law seat-belts have a lifetime warranty. The dealer should fix them free. I've had 22 year old Acura seat-belts that were replaced for free.

OK. I should have googled it first. Maybe it was just Acura. They told me that it was law but maybe they meant just their policy. IMO every manufacture should warranty selt-belts forever.

3. Feb 1, 2011 at 8:27 PM
    jameswirl

jameswirl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Pyrite Mica DCLB TRD Sport

Products Discussed in

To Top