1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Updated LSD Question..and RSCA?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by KevLot17, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Feb 3, 2011 at 11:51 AM
    KevLot17

KevLot17 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '10 Blacked Out TRD Sport
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    which is probably the reason i couldnt find RSCA in the book.. unless i overlooked it the 3 times i looked.. but again.. thanks to TW i know what it means.

2. Feb 3, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    KevLot17

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    Ohh... i think i was looking for it in the section that describes all the Dash controls and stuff like that

3. Feb 3, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    RSCA in the index , is a good place to start ;)

4. Feb 3, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    KevLot17

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Well Played...Well Played.

5. Feb 3, 2011 at 12:09 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    :)

6. Feb 3, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    knayrb

knayrb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Somewhere in the square states
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl-Cab Off-Road
    Pure stock
    Hey Dave,

I noticed a few weeks back when I was messing with VSC, ATRAC, LSD, etc. that if you select VSC MODE OFF, the light will go off after reaching about 30 MPH. When you go slower to about 25 MPH it comes back on again. I did this over and over again on straight snowy roads.

Do you think it might just be speed activated?

7. Feb 3, 2011 at 12:18 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Dave's not here . He went to get the stuff .

8. Feb 3, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    sierrahsky

sierrahsky Expedition Style

Member:
    Exactly, unless you unplug it it will reactivate

9. Feb 3, 2011 at 12:20 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    You may be too young for that reference .

10. Feb 3, 2011 at 12:25 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    It's a Cheech and Chong skit

11. Feb 3, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    Yeah but there needs to be a prayer to make sure that after turning 4wd switch that green little light goes solid, instead of turning into angry flashing beeping gnome :D because Toyota made 4wd electronic too...
    if that greeny lighty thingy starts blinking
    You are F...ed :eek:

Mid hill with 4wd blinking with no way down and no way up... :p Sounds like Youtube moment.

12. Feb 3, 2011 at 1:16 PM
    KevLot17

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Haha this is true

13. Feb 3, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Okay, I am back!

Christian... I don't think I could have worded it more clearly... but if you can seperate the lables or names Toyota uses from what is happening, it may help...

Calling it 'TRAC OFF MODE' was dumb, but that's what it is called...

TRAC OFF MODE is AUTO LSD. You can only do that mode in H2 with a quick push of the button, anytime in H2. Now AUTO LSD is really TRAC but without engine regulation. So 'TRAC OFF' is 'AUTO LSD ON'... got it?

VSC OFF MODE (H2 or H4) happens when you hold the button down for a few seconds, while stopped... 'VSC OFF MODE' is BOTH TRAC and VSC turned off... the only way to have traction control off in H2 or H4.

knayrb, like what was said above, I also think you were in TRAC OFF MODE, not VSC OFF MODE. TRAC OFF MODE or AUTO LSD has no VSC action up to 30 MPH... at which point VSC comes on automatically... but you are still in AUTO LSD (ALSD).

TRAC OFF MODE/ AUTO LSD ON can be achieved while moving with a simple press of the VSC OFF switch (button)... However, the primary use will be to get moving from a stuck, not high speed driving. You can turn it on and off anytime.

VSC OFF MODE (which also turns off TRAC) can only be activated from a stopped position by holding down the button for a few seconds. You can turn the mode off while moving (that is to turn VSC and TRAC back on).

Not sure how many other ways I can explain it... but the chart is accurate.. just the wording in English is a bit twisted!

14. Feb 20, 2011 at 8:25 PM
    shockittillyareconizeit

shockittillyareconizeit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    California
    Vehicle:
    '07 Coma PreRunner
    Front - Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Maxtrac 4" lift spindles, TC UCA's Rear - Billy's 5100/1.5 AAL, 3" lift blocks MB Predator wheels - 16x8 plasti-dipped matte black Toyo Open Country A/T 305/70/16 Satoshi grille Blacked out badges DTRL Wet Okole seat covers
    Ok ladies and gents, I'm sorry if anyone has asked this question already. I'm at work and didn't have a chance to read the ENTIRE thread as I know to do. Yesterday while I was driving to work, the RSCA off light came on. I was not aware that my truck has RSCA, nor do I have a RSCA button to turn it on or off at will. I did my research and found out what it was(I had no idea at the time and was freaked out so I pulled over right away to check my stuff out. Hahaha) but I don't believe I have it. I'm just wondering why it turned on for the first time in the 2 years i've had this truck, while I was driving. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top