Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Off Road Hobby truck or daily driver or both

View Poll Results: How do you use your truck?
Stock with very minor reverseable mods 198 53.37%
Heavily modded for 100% off road use only..hobby truck 1 0.27%
Heavily modded for street use only 11 2.96%
Heavily modded street and off road use 161 43.40%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #21
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Daily driver / work truck
X2. It makes me money for other toys.I cant really beat on it,it's gets my little angel around.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #22
兔年快乐! 慢慢走!
trot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud of

trot's Tacoma Gallery
"modded" seems to have a wide definition here (I'm new, so its odd to me.

i was always under the impression that "modifications" for project/hobby vehicles involved:

- lifts (or slams) radical enough to require serious driveline mods and regearing
- forced induction or engine swaps as needed
- BARELY street legal, like "Anyone know a cool inspection place?" kind of stuff.
- serious trimming and cutting off of anything in the way

So using that definition of modding, hell no, not on a 30K truck -- not until I've got serious miles on it and start to replace stuff because it is worn out.

Now if "modding" means an inch or two of lift, more agressive tread, some better skids and a camper shell. Game on.

I just can't see doing the 1 percenter stuff on a new truck :-)
Old 02-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #23
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Both
Old 02-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #24
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Daily driver, weekend warrior in progress, some mods
Old 02-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #26
pizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nice

pizzo's Tacoma Gallery
daily driver but becomes a work truck when friends need to move/haul stuff.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #27
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Modified to be fast on the street and perform well offroad, but it doesnt turn on the street so the fastness has its limits.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #28
RZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
I love wompin mine, but the whole time I try to remember it's my daily driver and if I break it, it'd be a major inconvenience.

RZ Rob

Old 02-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #29
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
For what ever i need to get done that day.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #30
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
DD/work truck. End of story..
Old 02-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #31
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
I love wompin mine, but the whole time I try to remember it's my daily driver and if I break it, it'd be a major inconvenience.

RZ Rob

x2 BTW I like your bumper!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #32
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

Name: Jobin
DOT's Tacoma Gallery
Mine does everything !!
Old 02-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #33
For the Retards, Im a Female
ToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
ToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ToyTaco
daily driver/show truck.. will be used for towing my stang soon enough with some more upgrades
Old 02-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #34
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Daily driver and work truck. I do a lot of side jobs and I wouldn't be able to do them without a truck.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #35
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
off road and dd...
Old 02-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #36
85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future
Name: Ken
85GT 79FJ40's Tacoma Gallery
Mine's pretty stock and will stay that way. I've got a cutoff switch for the ABS and I'm working on the locker anytime mod. But that one's not working out so well. It's more of a locker notime mod right now. Seemed like a good idea but I'll likely be undoing that one soon. My hobby truck is my FJ40. I like my Tacoma but it's honestly an appliance to me. My FJ40 and Mustang are keepers.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #37
musty40 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alan
musty40's Tacoma Gallery
Getting more and more equipped for expedition style off-roading but also my DD.

My FJ40 is truly my hobby, summer use only truck.

Alan
Old 02-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #38
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it relatively stock and build and older hobby truck.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #39
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Camping truck! I don't really wheel unless I'm camping.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #40
jimtaco is on a distinguished road
jimtaco's Tacoma Gallery
daily driver /light mod - im happy

weekend car lol