LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Access Cabs: Where do you keep your stuff

Old 02-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Taco-in-training
Mr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud of

Name: Steve
Mr G's Tacoma Gallery
Access Cabs: Where do you keep your stuff

I just switched from a 2dr 2wd 2000 to a 09 4x4 Access cab and now I'm having a hard time finding places for the stuff I like to keep in my truck. I have a locking tonneau cover so I've got some of it strapped down in my bed, but I don't like that as a long term solution.

Maybe i've got too much stuff, but what do you have and where do you keep it in your trucks?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
you might want to look into getting a tool box, but that means getting rid of the cover.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
MajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud of

Marines: Sergeant of Marines, 4th Force Recon
Name: Johnny
MajKong's Tacoma Gallery
Let me get this straight, you bought a bigger truck with more room and you don't know where to store your stuff? I don't get it.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
Taco-in-training
Mr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud ofMr G has much to be proud of

Mr G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKong View Post
Let me get this straight, you bought a bigger truck with more room and you don't know where to store your stuff? I don't get it.
it was more a question of what do you guys keep in your access cabs at all times. I want to keep the seats open for people to sit in, but I want to carry things like my 2ton jack and other emergency stuff like that
Old 02-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
dfenter84 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
dfenter84's Tacoma Gallery
All I usually have in mine are my tools, and if I'm not working I don't need them in there, so when I have my daughter they go in the house. As far as the jack goes, I wouldn't want that riding around in my back seat anyway so if I had one it would be in the bed.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #6
desmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: State Trooper
Name: Dave
desmo2's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have to worry about keeping your back seats open for passengers in your access cab unless you happen to be Willy Wonka and like to take your Oompa Loompas to the market.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #7
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
These trucks are full of cubby holes I keep stuf in the center console and the glove box all the time. but my tow strap and mag light I keep in in the cubby hole under the rear seat. Now that 2ton floor jack you got ask ur self do you really need? I you do see if you can mount it on the bed some how. I've seen a few LT trucks do that.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #8
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
what the hell do you need a 2 ton jack for? the jack underneath the back seat should be enough.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #9
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmo2 View Post
You don't have to worry about keeping your back seats open for passengers in your access cab unless you happen to be Willy Wonka and like to take your Oompa Loompas to the market.
x100

Old 02-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #10
saltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant future

Name: johnny
saltshaker's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a rubber-maid tote in the bed up against the cab under a fold-a-cover tonneau that opens from the front or back, I keep most of my junk in there it's easy to remove if i need the space. It's mostly detailing stuff, I used to keep a duffel bag in my first gen with a pull handle and socket for lug nuts, rain coat, bungees, sledge, and a big towel, some tire plugs and other assorted junk but I think most of that will fit in the storage compartments under the seats if I ever get around to it.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #11
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
I like the access cab and keep most things in the cubby's and consoles. I like not being a "school bus" and having to drive the kids around in it. I have an acura for that. I don't carry a 2-ton floor jack, just a few tools for emergency repairs and a few tie-down straps and tow straps. I like the 4-door as well, just not as much.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #12
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
unbolt those worthless rear seats and give yourself some space back there. Access to the built in storage pockets, storage underneath the bench, and a platform to carry any tools or the dog, depending on whether or not its a weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Access Cabs: Where do you keep your stuff-img_0006.jpg   Access Cabs: Where do you keep your stuff-img_0007.jpg  
Old 02-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #13
trd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
trd09's Tacoma Gallery
Have an 09 AC and I have plenty of room for my crap. Passengers, that's another story
Old 02-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brow View Post
unbolt those worthless rear seats and give yourself some space back there. Access to the built in storage pockets, storage underneath the bench, and a platform to carry any tools or the dog, depending on whether or not its a weekend.
I really like this setup. I will be doing this when and if it ever warms up again
Old 02-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #15

I just leave the seats folded down most of the time, also leaves a little extra room for stuff under them. I do like that setup though, if I had a car to drive my daughter around in I would probably do that.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #16
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I leave the rear seats down. The only passengers I carry are my gf and the dog. The dog has a bed that stays on the folded down back seats. I keep a few things in the cubby's under the seats; jumper cables, tow strap, lug wrench for my wheels. My tools go in the bed which has a shell on it. If I'm hauling anything more than my backpack, then it goes in the bed.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #17
bmet bob is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Bob
bmet bob's Tacoma Gallery
Keep most of stuff I don't need everyday in a foot locker strapped in bed (have a Leer bed cap on it).
Old 02-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #19

I had a tool box in my old Chevy, and i loved it, but I don't want one in the taco, it would take up way too much of the bed.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #20
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
I added this lockable storage compartment: