1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nerf bars

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by canadiankid, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Sep 1, 2008 at 11:58 AM
    canadiankid

canadiankid [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Langley BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB TRD SPORT
    So I want to get a pair of side step nefr bars for my 09 DC 4X4. I know that there are some Threads like this but the links to the pics and prices go cold. I would like to know what kind you have and what price you paid (If you are happy with them or not). Thanks..

2. Sep 1, 2008 at 12:10 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
  3. Sep 1, 2008 at 12:14 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Hey Kid,mine are Nasta and I got them at Action Truck accessories which I think is a nationwide chain.One of the things that they tout is all stainless mounting brackets and hardware so they won't get too skanky looking underneath.I got them for function first because my kids(9,7 and 5) need them to get in the truck.For that purpose they work well,but I find that I have to really step over them when I get out so my calf dosn't slide down them.In the winter it can be a little messy if I forget.They did earn their keep a month ago when I whacked a piece of concrete that I didn't see.Saved my rocker from getting stove in.I'm noticing that the finish is tarnishing on the inside bend at the rear.It's the same damage I'm seeing at the base of the front of the box from road debris and salt I guess.IIRC the price was $450ish installed.

See pics in my album.

4. Sep 1, 2008 at 12:25 PM
    BONES

BONES Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 w/TRD Offroad pkg
    AFE 'Pro-Dry S' OE air filter, Westin bull-nose guard & side steps, TSB leaf pack, TSB intake-hose, rubber bed mat, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos, Stubbie 21" antenna, Goodridge G-Stop s/s brake lines
    +1 for the Westin steps, I like the finish on them and they fit tight to the body.Didn't ruin my ground clearance. (stock height)
    [​IMG]

5. Sep 1, 2008 at 10:29 PM
    canadiankid

canadiankid [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Langley BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB TRD SPORT
    I have been looking at some on e-bay for under 200 shipped but I don't know if they are any good..
    cgi.ebay.ca/STAINLESS-NERF-BARS-TOYOTA-TACOMA-DOUBLE-CAB-2005-2008_W0QQitemZ330267056226QQihZ014QQcategoryZ33650QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Sep 1, 2008 at 10:42 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    here are the ones i had on my 06 prerunner access cab.....got them on ebay for right around $120...polished stainless, and they fit great and were sturdy as hell. they even saved my rockers when i got hung on some rocks while offroading in the uwharrie national forest at our tacoma meet. they impressed me too.......pretty cheap, but they kept their mirror finish, and they still polished up nicely when i traded a couple of months ago for my 04.

[​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Sep 1, 2008 at 11:42 PM
    Justin626

Justin626 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 TRD Sport DC Super White
    Toytec 3" w/ AAL, N-Fab Nerf Bars, Lightforce 170mm Strikers, N-Fab Light Bar, Metra Ipod Adapter, Scosche Auto Start
    I got these for about $550 USD, which includes $180 in shipping charges. So with the exchange rate, I'd assume you're looking at right around $600 CAD.
    www.n-fab.com/

100_0684.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top