Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

center console removal

Old 02-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
OregonJ is on a distinguished road
OregonJ's Tacoma Gallery
center console removal

does anyone know how to take out the center console on a 05 tacoma manual 6speed .....especially the part right by your legs and the lighter and ac outlet spot????
Old 02-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #2
novataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud of
novataco's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, this is the third time I've seen this question recently. Check the "Similar threads" down below: the forum did the search for you.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
novataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud ofnovataco has much to be proud of
Here is a diagram...

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...console+remove

Those plastic parts around the shifter all pop right out, and there are 4 screws just behind the shift, and two screws in the bottom of the main center console compartment between the two bucket seats.

What are you trying to do?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
OregonJ's Tacoma Gallery
sorry i didnt realize to look for similar threads lol that was my second post im a noob..and thanks for the diagram
Old 02-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
It was from another forum, I guess that's why I've seen this question several times. By the way, once you go into your console, you see exactly how easy it is to pop open and clean, next time you detail your interior. The cubby hole and the drink holder both pop out for easy cleaning, and you can clean the crumbs, coffee/soda stains, etc. from the shift area, and vacuum under the bottom edge of the console, etc.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
OregonJ's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man that takes care of the back part but what about the front where the cir lighter and ac outlet is......are there clips up front? I just don't wanna start pryin and pullin and breaking something ya know.....lol sorry if I Sind dumb I just need help it's why I joined anyways. Thanks again
Old 02-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
On the auto tranny version, you just pull the front part up. Not sure about manual tranny.

Just give it a good tug on both sides and it pops right up.