Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Disabling Door-open buzzer w/ key in Acc position.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
ADVBedouin has a spectacular aura aboutADVBedouin has a spectacular aura about

ADVBedouin's Tacoma Gallery
Disabling Door-open buzzer w/ key in Acc position.

I'm SO STOKED to have disabled my door-open chime when the key is in the acc position. Thanks to JPMorrisvb for the awesome link. It's so easy & took maybe 15 minutes, most of that was just being careful not to damage anything;
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2643003&postcount=27

The only thing I'd recommend is that you don't even have to move the top half of the steering column cover. You don't even need to fully remove the lower half, just pull it down a few inches & it's easy to pop out the sensor/plug: There's tiny tab at the front of the white plug (facing toward front of truck) that only needs a light squeeze & it pops right out. I just connected a tiny ziptie on the wires next to it to secure it.

Voila, no more annoying door chime/buzzer with the key in the ACC position. Just remeber to stash a hide-a-key somewhere in case of lockout. This really should be a Cheap Mod/DIY sticky on here.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
i miss my 04
rendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrendog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rendog's Tacoma Gallery
works like a charm. thanks man.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
subd for tomorrow.