Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Labor day. Any labor done to the trucks?

Old 09-02-2008, 04:34 AM   #21
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately I made the Taco Labor this weekend. picked up a compactor and a Toro Dingo. work work work... damn work.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:52 AM   #22
scottiem is on a distinguished road

Navy: Flight Engineer, Aircraft Mechanic
scottiem's Tacoma Gallery
Washed, waxed and detailed the truck on Saturday and Monday I did the armrest mod with Neoprene.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:01 AM   #24
HardCase will become famous soon enough

Army: Medic
HardCase's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't do any work on the Taco.....but did a lot with it. Moved my office, hauled multiple loads of files and furniture using the bed and also a flat-bed trailer, some of them undoubtedly exceeding the recommended weight limits.....no TSB on mine, old style springs, and yet never bottomed out. Maybe that is less of a problem with the regular-cabs? I'm not sure why that would be, but perhaps the shorter wheel-base. Anyway, the truck did an outstanding job.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #26
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
how many miles on the truck? did u change the wireset too? if u didn't.. did u have to the re-grease on the wireset so it would not cease?
just wondering
thanks!
Didnt change the wire set, and didnt have to grease it. the sensor snaps in to the coil, there is one bolt that hols it to the valve cover. they come off easy. truck had 38000 on it and was def over due, it runs noticibly better now.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #27
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Got a call from my dad who told me he spent the day washing and waxing my Taco..., um his Tacoma.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #28
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
I put in my new 6x9's for the front doors and amp on Saturday. Sunday I put on my new Bakflip G2 and wired up the automatic pop n lock. Taco is happy
Old 09-02-2008, 08:05 PM   #29
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by red06toy View Post
Didnt change the wire set, and didnt have to grease it. the sensor snaps in to the coil, there is one bolt that hols it to the valve cover. they come off easy. truck had 38000 on it and was def over due, it runs noticibly better now.
wow, that easy? i dont have the truck, but I have been looking to buy one
and of course do my own work. I guess i have to see how this coil parks works
thanks!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #30
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
wow, that easy? i dont have the truck, but I have been looking to buy one
and of course do my own work. I guess i have to see how this coil parks works
thanks!
no prob, get that truck!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #31
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
If you get the truck and want to do your own maintenance, picking up a Haynes manual for it is a good idea. I have a 1st Gen and the Haynes for it isn't bad, lots of pics and specs and pretty good DIY instructions.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:44 AM   #32
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
If you get the truck and want to do your own maintenance, picking up a Haynes manual for it is a good idea. I have a 1st Gen and the Haynes for it isn't bad, lots of pics and specs and pretty good DIY instructions.

Just an FYI, there on no haynes manuals for the 05+ trucks.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:47 AM   #33
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Just an FYI, there on no haynes manuals for the 05+ trucks.
Oops. Never mind.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:04 AM   #34
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
no hayes manual? well I guess I'm f-ed.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:07 AM   #35

Tiger's right, I went to the Haynes website, nothing listed for 05 and up.

Whatever happened to Chiltons manuals?
Old 09-05-2008, 06:38 AM   #36
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Tiger's right, I went to the Haynes website, nothing listed for 05 and up.

Whatever happened to Chiltons manuals?
Same thing. I contacted Haynes, Chiltons, and a couple other manual companies. Same story each time: Toyota isn't letting them reproduce manuals. Which confused me because since when is taking a truck, tearing it down piece by piece, and putting it back together "reproducing" a manual?