Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Labor day. Any labor done to the trucks?

Old 09-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #1
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
Labor day. Any labor done to the trucks?

You guys do any work to the trucks this long weekend? First I changed my spark plugs (6 densos). 2 things, first it was pretty easy, these trucks are not bad to work on, second, I had one of the trucks with 3 densos and 3 NGKs, its weird. I then got rid of the pre filter (6 plastic rivets) and rotated the tires. wasnt bad
Old 09-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.
mudduck will become famous soon enough

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
i didnt have time to do any work on the truck this weekend. i was way to busy drinking beer.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I debadged my truck.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by red06toy View Post
You guys do any work to the trucks this long weekend? First I changed my spark plugs (6 densos). 2 things, first it was pretty easy, these trucks are not bad to work on, second, I had one of the trucks with 3 densos and 3 NGKs, its weird. I then got rid of the pre filter (6 plastic rivets) and rotated the tires. wasnt bad
how many miles on the truck? did u change the wireset too? if u didn't.. did u have to the re-grease on the wireset so it would not cease?
just wondering
thanks!
Old 09-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
BONES is on a distinguished road

BONES's Tacoma Gallery
Upgraded my brake lines to steel braided ones, flush system and new shoes in the front. Brakes 'feel' tighter and more responsive now.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #7
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I put driving lamps on mine.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #8
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Extended all my breathers and cleaned the interior, God I love the lack of carpet in the FJ's
Old 09-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #9
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't work on mine, but helped two friends with their non-toyotas. All wheel bearing issues, one front & one rear. Makes me glad my truck is new! I think I'm gonna extend my diff breather, I use to always on my older toyotas. Will have to do a search here. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #10
Mudbug is on a distinguished road

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
how many miles on the truck? did u change the wireset too? if u didn't.. did u have to the re-grease on the wireset so it would not cease?
just wondering
thanks!
Wireset?! what is this 1988?
Newer vehicles do not have wires they have "coil packs".
Old 09-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #11
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Didn't any work ON the truck, but did some work WITH the truck. Hauled at least 1,000 lbs of logs to a buddy's house for him to cut and split for fire wood. He was having a party, invited us, and offered to trade some wood for an extra dehydrator he found in a closet. lol So now we're gonna be making our own beef jerky and a few other things. Maybe try some deer jerky once we get more meat. I was about a 1/4" off the bump stops, and that's more than when I had 1600lbs of wood pellets in the bed.

I was hoping to have new tires on by this weekend, but they didn't arrive in time. Still at the FedEx depot. Hopefully they'll be here tomorrow and I can have the wife take it to our guy down the road to be put on.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
just wondering
thanks!
no wires on the 05 and up tacomas....well, v6 anyway(not sure of the 4banger)..........they have coil packs on top of the plugs.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #13
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Didn't any work ON the truck, but did some work WITH the truck. Hauled at least 1,000 lbs of logs to a buddy's house for him to cut and split for fire wood. He was having a party, invited us, and offered to trade some wood for an extra dehydrator he found in a closet. lol So now we're gonna be making our own beef jerky and a few other things. Maybe try some deer jerky once we get more meat. I was about a 1/4" off the bump stops, and that's more than when I had 1600lbs of wood pellets in the bed.

I was hoping to have new tires on by this weekend, but they didn't arrive in time. Still at the FedEx depot. Hopefully they'll be here tomorrow and I can have the wife take it to our guy down the road to be put on.
what tires you getting pt?
Old 09-01-2008, 09:14 PM   #14

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
no wires on the 05 and up tacomas....well, v6 anyway(not sure of the 4banger)..........they have coil packs on top of the plugs.

4 bangers are coil packs too...

I don't think there is a car made today that still uses plugs.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post
4 bangers are coil packs too...

I don't think there is a car made today that still uses plugs.
they do use plugs man........they just dont use the wires as often anymore. the plugs are under the coil packs.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #16

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
they do use plugs man........they just dont use the wires as often anymore. the plugs are under the coil packs.
Haha oops did I have a blonde moment?
Old 09-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i bought some drill bits and a rivet gun so i can install my hood struts and hilift mount at a later date
Old 09-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post
Haha oops did I have a blonde moment?
we all do every once in a while man!!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #19
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
Installed hood struts

I put in the Redline Tuning struts I bought through the group buy here. Took all of 15 minutes to do.

I have pics up at Toyota Nation and will add them here in a day or so. Work is getting in the way of fun.

If you want, return the pop rivet gun. There is plenty of room to use a sheet metal screw.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:37 AM   #20
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS. View Post
I put in the Redline Tuning struts I bought through the group buy here. Took all of 15 minutes to do.

I have pics up at Toyota Nation and will add them here in a day or so. Work is getting in the way of fun.

If you want, return the pop rivet gun. There is plenty of room to use a sheet metal screw.

eh...i'd have to buy sheet metal screws then and i really dont have the time or energy to go back into town to the home depot

at some point i'll need a rivet gun again im sure