Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Installed two Gauges this past weekend.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Installed two Gauges this past weekend.

The past two weeks I have been working on installing an AeroForce gauge, outside air temperature gauge and a 5 volt power supply for my XM Radio to get rid of one of the cig lighter power supplies.

I have had the gauges and materials for a while now but just lacked the time to do the work. I exchanged PM’s with a friend on another forum concerning the gauge location and decided to go with a custom mount rather than the A Pillar.

Found a piece of plastic sturdy enough for the job at Lowes the week before last.

Using a Dermal tool I started to fabricate the plate.

Next I drilled out the plastic and sanded it down ready or painting.

Applied paint in light coats in the morning and evening every day last week

Did a test fit to make sure they fit properly.

The install sure can make the cab messy.

Finished product is fine with me. A little wider sheet of plastic would have made for a tighter fit in the top corners but overall I am happy.

I still have the oil pressure sensor to install but the wire is run into the AeroForce from the engine compartment. I am leaning towards a sandwich plate between the oil filter and the plate the filter screws into. That will take a few more weeks of research and parts ordering. There is a lot of info on the forum about the 6 cylinder but very little on the 4 cylinder. I will post an update here after I get the oil pressure function working.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
forcefedjunkie is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
forcefedjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work, very creative!

Todd
Old 02-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome...
Old 02-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
Good Work Man!! Like to see the creativity
Old 02-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
looks great.......
Old 02-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Impressive! I could use an air temp gauge.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
Bill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the rough

Bill in Ky's Tacoma Gallery
I like that! Good job, thanks for taking the pics and posting it..
Old 02-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job Tom! +1 for engineering it yourself
Old 02-07-2011, 01:47 AM   #11
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for all the kind compliments. I was unsure about the placement but this week will tell if I have any problems with the location and visibility issues.

The AeroForce is very easy to set up and install. The CAN Buss/OBD2 connection takes care of everything including the power.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:42 AM   #12
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco084gb View Post
Nice JOB! I am ordering mine as we speak from Todd. Awesome looking gauges. I like your setup. I mite half to do the same setup.
I am still struggling with the oil pressure Analog sender. Right now I am going to try and find a T fitting so i can keep the stock sender and the AeroForce sender.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:26 AM   #13
RZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice. What's actually holding the plate in position? I've got my satellite reciever down there and want to do a similar cover plate.

RZ Rob