Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sidewall tool box?

Old 09-02-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
BelchFire is on a distinguished road
BelchFire's Tacoma Gallery
Sidewall tool box?

A LOOOOOONG time ago, I saw a brochure for a company that modified your truck bed into a toolbox. It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. Basically the sides of the bed opened up from the outside and the wall of the bed was filled with shelves. The inside of the bed remained the same. The toolbox was the empty space between the outside panels and the inside of the bed. It locked, of course, and was hinged on top with nitro cylinders to hold the side wall up when it was open. The latch (and lock IIRC) were on bottom so when it was closed, the only thing you could see was the hinge. Coolest thing ever! Has anyone ever seen anything like that for a Taco (for that matter, has anyone ever seen this at all?)
Old 09-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds pretty cool but that is new to me, most commercial trucks with heavy duty tool boxes are domestics, although I am starting to see a lot of heavy duty trucks powered by diesels by International, Freightliner, and peterbuilt, these are smaller chasis trucks for there brand, but bigger than a ford or chevy.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #3
BelchFire is on a distinguished road
BelchFire's Tacoma Gallery
jedi,

The neat thing about this conversion is that they use(d) the existing sidewalls, not a boring, industrial looking flat panel. I wish I knew more about it. I'm sure it's not cheap, but I'd give it some serious consideration while the truck is new.