Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2007 DC sport/ Billies

Old 09-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
josh3972000 is on a distinguished road
Army: 101st airborne Division (3/502)  25th Infantry Division (1/27)
josh3972000's Tacoma Gallery
2007 DC sport/ Billies

I am considering 5100's and 265 70 17 on stock wheels. I was wondering what this would look like. If you got pics please post. I was also wondering what setting I would need to level the front up, I will not be running anything in the rear. Thanks 2007 DC sport
Old 09-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh3972000 View Post
I am considering 5100's and 265 70 17 on stock wheels. I was wondering what this would look like. If you got pics please post. I was also wondering what setting I would need to level the front up, I will not be running anything in the rear. Thanks 2007 DC sport
With nothing in the back, j/k, The second setting of .85 would do ya right.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The setup,tsb,1.75 front. Tires are 265/70-17
Old 09-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #4
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
do you have any rubbing with that setup?

would you have the same results if you went with an after market rim? (17x8 w/4.5" backspace) would there be any rubbing in that case?

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
The setup,tsb,1.75 front. Tires are 265/70-17
Old 09-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #5
josh3972000 is on a distinguished road
Army: 101st airborne Division (3/502)  25th Infantry Division (1/27)
josh3972000's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the feedback. I may opt to set them up to 2.5 and put an aal in the rear.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAmonkey View Post
do you have any rubbing with that setup?

would you have the same results if you went with an after market rim? (17x8 w/4.5" backspace) would there be any rubbing in that case?

thanks
Lock to lock....no rubbing. How wide ya looking to go w/4.5 backspace?? All kinds of threads on that.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I may opt to set them up to 2.5 and put an aal in the rear.
It rides soooo much better w/the 5100's. Looks pretty damn good to. Stay at 265 using stock rims.You wouldn't clear the uca's if you went more.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #8
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Lock to lock....no rubbing. How wide ya looking to go w/4.5 backspace?? All kinds of threads on that.
ohh... i guess i should have been more specific...

if you were to run a 265/75/16 on a 16x8 rim with 4.5" backspacing, would there be any rubbing?

i ask because i was interested in that same tire size and shock combination that you have, but i wanted to get aftermarket rims. it seems, however, that the aftermarket rims are always 8" or wider with at least a 4.5" backspace.

i was wondering how that would fit and look
Old 09-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAmonkey View Post
ohh... i guess i should have been more specific...

if you were to run a 265/75/16 on a 16x8 rim with 4.5" backspacing, would there be any rubbing? No.

i ask because i was interested in that same tire size and shock combination that you have, but i wanted to get aftermarket rims. it seems, however, that the aftermarket rims are always 8" or wider with at least a 4.5" backspace. Going up to a 75 sidewall on stock rims would look like ( ) On 8" wide rims it would be less. 4.5 b-space brings the wheel out 1".

i was wondering how that would fit and look
Fit good & look great. (that's just me)