Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

5100's installed by dealer???

Old 02-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #21
Intentionally cosmetically incorrect.
TacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
TacoBow's Tacoma Gallery
Bout the center of the state... right off the I-80 / 120 exit. Be glad to help in the event you happen to be in the area. Looks like a 2.5 hour trip. Work always cuts into the available time factor.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #22
TacoManJay is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
TacoManJay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBow View Post
Bout the center of the state... right off the I-80 / 120 exit. Be glad to help in the event you happen to be in the area. Looks like a 2.5 hour trip. Work always cuts into the available time factor.
much thanks! always good to know you've got someone willing to help out there.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #23
Fiveo will become famous soon enough
Fiveo's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer down the road from me quoted 1.5 hours labor per side for install + cost of alignment. Seems pretty steep considering they would likely be done in about an hour with the install. I know some of these dealers will give a big labor cost to "get rid" of some of the jobs they just don't want to mess with so they don't have to say no, then if you still go forward with it, they make some extra bank. I don't know if they are giving the standard Toyota labor rate for shock R&R or what, but it hardly seems realistic considering when I asked about installing Velocity 2.5" leveling blocks, they told me a half hour per side.
With the step-by-steps on the forum, I will just do it myself and take it to them for the alignment. Already had the TSB done (non-TRD so got shocks all the way around), so there will be some pretty new yellow billies up for grabs soon.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #24
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
I was charged 500 CDN for all 4 5100s/ome 881/icon aal during my frame swap from my dealership here in BC.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:29 AM   #25

just got off the phone with the local tire shop. for the front shock installs and an alignment they quoted me $175.

This is alot more reasonable than the dealers $360 they came back at me with in an email today.

I think it's going to be TSB on Monday (happy valentine's day to me) and billies sometime during the week at the local shop.

I'm so anxious to get this done. I love the stance when this is finished.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #26

well my truck made it home today with its TSB. measurements from the ground to the wheel well (centered on the center cap of the wheel) went from 35 1/2" to 36 3/4". Looks nice, rides well, I'm happy!

Billies sometime later this week hopefully.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #27

Actually had to take the truck back to the dealer today cause I was experiencing some rattle in the rear that sounded like metal on metal. Turns out that the tech "may not have had the gun set correctly" since my u-bolts holding my springs on needed to be tightened! Got that fixed and got a free wash again since coming home yesterday it got dirty. Just an inconvenience today.

Now... I'll get my billies going up front!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #28
Membrrrrrr
netmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

netmagi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoManJay View Post
Turns out that the tech "may not have had the gun set correctly"
At least they didn't try and make something up like "tool failure", or insist you drove it wrong

I hate when dealerships bend over backwards to make it seem like they do no wrong. Ever.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:24 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by netmagi View Post
At least they didn't try and make something up like "tool failure", or insist you drove it wrong

I hate when dealerships bend over backwards to make it seem like they do no wrong. Ever.
I hear ya! Thing is, I like the service department at freedom. It's just a major inconvenience to drive all the way down there for something that could have been done right the day before, when I had pick up and delivery arranged!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:20 AM   #30
Membrrrrrr
netmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

netmagi's Tacoma Gallery
Just dropped mine off at my local dealer (Bennett Toyota, Allentown) this morning for them to "evaluate".

They were a little confrontational on the phone initially when I setup the appt., but were perfectly pleasant this morning so we'll see

-Rich
Old 02-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #31

Well it took me long enough but since the weather has cleared and I've been able to get the after-shots...Here's what the result of my TSB and Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75.

Before:

After: