Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Miles per gallon

Old 09-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Miles per gallon

So, I've been kinda lazy on calculating my gas consumption, just did it now after filling up (Hannas coming)

19MPG doing nothing but going to school and a little bit of off roading.

Pointless thread, but I felt like bragging since most people I know get 12MPG with their Domestics
Old 09-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
20.14 average last tank. This in a aerodynamic brick and mixed city/freeway of 50/50. Scangauge def helps keep track of how you drive and fuel consumption.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
I usually get 19-20, but that's combined freeway & city so.....
Old 09-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Today in the rain and mostly dirt road driving I showed 21.4 on scan gauge II and on my trip to Oklahoma last weekend it was between 22.9 to 23.1. It rolled 2000 miles today so I am more than pleased.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #6
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I get 20 with mine, and I'm soooo grateful for that amount when I think about my father in law getting 9 with his Ram.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:54 PM   #7
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
22mpg here
Old 09-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #8
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I feel the need to mention, this is with ALL city (stoplights and light traffic) as well as off roading. No highway driving, nothing about 50MPH.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #9
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^Yeah, that's good. I've gotten about dead on 18 mpg the last two tanks.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #10
Rich Swanner is on a distinguished road

Rich Swanner's Tacoma Gallery
16-18 city 20-23 highway and trips
Old 09-04-2008, 08:09 AM   #12
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
Like every summer, its when mpg is best. Havent got below 20 mpg since May, commuting, local driving. 21-22 on most long trips. No ethanol, no A/C needed, little stop & go, and almost 4 yrs of break-in. NO complaints when EPA rates 4x4 6spd 15/18.

But as leaves turn, so begins the drop to 17 by dead of winter...
Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 AM   #13
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I do about half city/half highway. My truck has never seen below 18mpg and the highest I've got was 19.5mpg. I've never taken a long trip, so I don't know what the potential would be.

I was getting about 24 MPG on a road trip to Kansas in July with A/C and going about 75 the whole way. Pretty sweet.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #15
BelchFire is on a distinguished road
BelchFire's Tacoma Gallery
23.X in combination driving not exceeding 60. I've had it to 70mph on the interstate and it drops some. For mine, it's more in the speed that the style of driving. Over 55 really sucks down the gas in my quad cab.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #16
Gene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to all

Marines: 1982-1988 Okinawa, Japan & Southern California
Name: Eugene
Gene563's Tacoma Gallery
I was pretty happy yesterday when I fiiled up. The first 2 tanks, I was getting 16 MPG from the same gas station( dealer's station...free gas tank with puchase ).
With the first tank from my station, I got 18 MPG. I assume different quality gas as my driving habits weren't changed. All my driving has been short highway trips, around town stops, and some light offroading.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #17
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I have the scangauge setup to have APG (Average MPG per tank).

I just filled up today and the scangauge APT for that tank read 18.7mpg and doing the math manually....was 18.9mpg. Not bad and pretty darn close.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #18
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
(fill up, mark mileage, drive, fillup again.. check mileage.. do math)

This is how I figure out my mileage too. I thought that was the best way to do it? (Besides the scangauge)
Old 09-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #19
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncleaner View Post
Like every summer, its when mpg is best. Havent got below 20 mpg since May, commuting, local driving. 21-22 on most long trips. No ethanol, no A/C needed, little stop & go, and almost 4 yrs of break-in. NO complaints when EPA rates 4x4 6spd 15/18.

But as leaves turn, so begins the drop to 17 by dead of winter...
Yeah, I'm usually down to around 17 during the winter too. Other than the cold, shoveling snow, and getting raped over fuel oil I'm kinda looking forward to seeing if my AFE filter helps winter MPG since it bumped me up to 20 since I installed it.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #20
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
I get 20 with mine, and I'm soooo grateful for that amount when I think about my father in law getting 9 with his Ram.
9!!!! Now that's poor mileage.
If he's driving the avg 15,000 mi per year, he has to pay approximately $6,000 a yr. for regular gasoline!