Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

removing child seatbelt from bench?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
removing child seatbelt from bench?

is there a trick to this?
i got a great seat cover for my 08 taco bench- it's fitted, well tailored...
but it can't be put on properly because of the child seat seatbuckle in the middle.
holes are made in the cover for it, but there is no way to put it on as the belt is attached in a continuous loop..
at the base, the belt has something that looks like it should be a release for the buckle- except it's fused into the plastic- and there is no buckle button to push. it's actually just the point at which the belt is guided to become horizontal- like our lap belt.

i've hated that belt from day one, is there a way to remove it without cutting it off?
i don't want to lose value or safety in my new truck..

thanks
Old 09-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
okay cool, at least i know i'm not insane----i have no key hole...

argh. i guess i'll drill if i have to