Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 Base Model Fog Lights

Old 02-11-2011, 05:17 AM   #1
mattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattygabe's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Base Model Fog Lights

So, i've done quite a few searches and was not able to find a topic on here for what I'm interested in doing.

For a 2011 base model with no fog lamps installed from factory, what type of kit should I be looking for to install them myself? All of the how-tos on TW are mostly about installing a switch to turn the fog lamps on independent of the headlights, not necessarily installing them on base model Tacos that only have the molding in the bumper, but no lights.

For instance, would this eBay listing work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

I'm assuming that anything that fits the 09s and 10s would work for an 11, or that anything that'd fit 05+ would work for an 11, but not sure.

Also, by buying this kit does this automatically mean that I'll also be performing the Fog Lights Anytime mod? I'd prefer to have a switch in the cab to turn the fogs on whenever I please.

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Put in the kit but get a different switch. The fogs will fit just like factory. You may or may not already have the wiring in place, check behind the fog deletes in the bumper. No mod for how the lights work will be necessary depending on how it's wired. I have base model 4 cyl prerunner. It had no wiring in place but IIRC, the 6 cyl ones do in some cases. I got 4 pigtail wires and connector from dealer to hook this wiring harness to the factory switch that I got seperately. Mine is wired where the parking lights have to be on but is independent of lows or hi beams. Get 44.00 ddmtuning 35w HID kit to make them really be of use after getting them wired up how you want them to work would also be my suggestion.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:11 AM   #4
mattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattygabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
That's a great thread, btw.

Everyone keeps saying "just use the search!", but IMO the search function in this forum software sucks. It was a good algorithm in 1998, when 56k was the primary method of internet connectivity for the majority of users online. A bit outdated.

Thanks.