Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Musical Air Horn

Old 02-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Musical Air Horn

Hey guys, i want an opinion
I have just got ahold of a Vintage Jubilee Air Horn (a general lee dixie horn)
this is, if my estimate is correct, a 70's model
What do yall think, should i put it on my taco?
also, any advice one what kind of oil to use on the horns, my horns just squeak except for 2 of them, since they havent been oiled in a long time
Old 02-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
Hey guys, i want an opinion
I have just got ahold of a Vintage Jubilee Air Horn (a general lee dixie horn)
this is, if my estimate is correct, a 70's model
What do yall think, should i put it on my taco?
also, any advice one what kind of oil to use on the horns, my horns just squeak except for 2 of them, since they havent been oiled in a long time
use some 3 in 1 or sewing machine oil on them.
Hell yeah....id hook them up!!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #3
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i planned on it, just wanted to know what everyone else thought about them, i got lucky and heard that my dad (when he was a teen, before he died when i was small) had one, i asked my grandfather and he still had it in his shop, so i have it now, and i am trying to get it to work
so, i am open to advice that has anything to do with it
Old 02-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
Hookit on fonix rilly fer mee
Bushmaster is just really niceBushmaster is just really niceBushmaster is just really niceBushmaster is just really niceBushmaster is just really nice

Bushmaster's Tacoma Gallery
haha nice, i say go for it

imho im not really impressed with the stock horn on the taco..... thinking about swapping it out
Old 02-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #5

i have another question for everyone
i have 2 places to put the button for the horn (i wont set it up as my regular because of laws)
the first is a hidden button in the coin holder below the left side of the steering wheel
or, i have 2 places for buttons where my the clutch start cancel is at, i was considering putting it there
where do yall think i should put it?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i have another question for everyone
i have 2 places to put the button for the horn (i wont set it up as my regular because of laws)
the first is a hidden button in the coin holder below the left side of the steering wheel
or, i have 2 places for buttons where my the clutch start cancel is at, i was considering putting it there
where do yall think i should put it?
Whichever spot has the best access for ya.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #7

ok what would yall do though
hidden, or in the open?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #8

Quote:
ok what would yall do though
hidden, or in the open?
I'd keep it in the open......but hidden would be kinda cool.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #9

update on my airhorn, still having trouble tuning, havent ben able to oil them yet though, so most likely that is what is needed.
does anyone else have one, if so, where did you mount it?
i have an audio shop that i know and trust and they will install for a good price, i just want to know where it can be installed
Old 02-24-2011, 03:53 AM   #10

does anyone have one?
Old 09-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #11
kikgas01 is on a distinguished road
kikgas01's Tacoma Gallery
If you ever want to sell it, let me know! Thanks.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #12
AKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to behold

Name: RETODD
AKTACO420's Tacoma Gallery
I've helped my friend install a new horn set up it took us a little bit to tune it but we just put it on top of his wheel well under the hood but this was on an 83 chevy lots of room I just put an air horn in my Tacoma and put it behind my front bumper there seems to be a lot of room. If you just take your grill off it's pretty easy and it should give you plenty of room