Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Finally, some pictures

Old 09-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Finally, some pictures

I finally got around to cleaning up my new truck and getting a picture.

Here's a shot of my 97 at the dealers waiting to be crushed.

Looks OK for something on death row I guess.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
nice trucks oldtacomaguy
Old 09-04-2008, 07:39 PM   #3
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
What was wrong with your 97? It looked okay.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Hey! I'll take that 97!

Nice looking 08
Old 09-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
Taos1 is on a distinguished road

Taos1's Tacoma Gallery
Got to get more pics of my 08 also with my bike. 12 years that I had my 96, I never bothered to take pics of it. Wish I did, even on the last day I had it when I drove it to the dealer for them to take it away from me. Sad, sad day.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7, my 97 failed the frame rot test, and was bought back by Toyota.
It has since been crushed. It was sad, I had it since it was new and took care of it. There were about 180,000 miles on it.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #8
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
The 97 body looks in good shape for its age. What's wrong with it? Not working?
Old 09-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Nice trucks. Shame to see the '97 fall to the frame rust issue. It's sad so many great trucks are being killed prematurely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poleman72 View Post
The 97 body looks in good shape for its age. What's wrong with it? Not working?
About three posts up.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #10
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
Good thing Toyota has the buy back policy for the frame issue. Nice new truck by the way, looks great.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
good looking tacoma man!!!

i wish i could get some stuff off some of the first gens that are about to be crushed...that'd be cool as hell!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #12
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajviper7 View Post
Good thing Toyota has the buy back policy for the frame issue. Nice new truck by the way, looks great.
Whats this frame issue you guys speak of?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:23 AM   #13
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTaco View Post
Whats this frame issue you guys speak of?
alot of the older tacomas, 98 to 00, and maybe a few of the 01 and 02 have bad frames that are pretty dangerous...rusting thru and all. toyota is buying them back for like 150% of kbb. somehow, an inferior steel was used for the frames then.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:58 AM   #14
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful truck! But then again, I have an 08 V6 Access Cab in Impulse Red Pearl so I could be biased.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #15
The New Guy
Fuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really nice

Fuzzyman81's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fuzzyman81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
alot of the older tacomas, 98 to 00, and maybe a few of the 01 and 02 have bad frames that are pretty dangerous...rusting thru and all. toyota is buying them back for like 150% of kbb. somehow, an inferior steel was used for the frames then.
So it only effects those "older" models. I have an '04 and want to make sure I don't need to start worrying... I just paid it off LOL.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:07 AM   #16
MotoNerd
Caddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud of

Caddmannq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
...Here's a shot of my 97 at the dealers waiting to be crushed....Looks OK for something on death row I guess.
That's very sad OldTacomaGuy. Out here all of those trucks are still going fine, because this "rust" thing is pretty much unknown.

But I feel for you. I lived in the Rust Belt for many many years. I'm now 53 years old BTW, and I quit shoveling snow forever when I moved out here in 1976.

I just bought my 1st Tacoma. I expect to have it a long time.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #17
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddmannq View Post
I quit shoveling snow forever when I moved out here in 1976.
Lucky Bastard....Where do we keep the envious smileys?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #18
four forty four

Now the're talking about "Hanna" heading this way. I'll have to move the boat outside and put the truck in. Just think, only 10 weeks or so til the first snow.
At least no earthquakes.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #19
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Now the're talking about "Hanna" heading this way. I'll have to move the boat outside and put the truck in. Just think, only 10 weeks or so til the first snow.
At least no earthquakes.
Bring on the snow...this summer was a hot one and sleds are ready to go!!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #20
Glockin
GasTiresOil has a spectacular aura aboutGasTiresOil has a spectacular aura about
Law Enforcement:
GasTiresOil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
Bring on the snow...this summer was a hot one and sleds are ready to go!!
Summer in CT was terrible. We had one good week of heat, the rest was rain and mild temps. high temp for August here was I think 88......