Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

traction control 09 tacoma ??

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #21
dimitrik is on a distinguished road
Name: Dimitri
dimitrik's Tacoma Gallery
Well When i hold the button for a while it completely shuts off.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #22
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk View Post
Some people DON'T WANT a modern vehicle. They just want a NEW and EFFICIENT vehicle.
Looks like they will have to buy old. The electronic features are listed in the on the website and in the dealer pamphlets. If you can't read then that isn't the vehicle's or the auto maker's fault.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #23
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
They have taken a lot of the fun out of driving. And a lot of people's skill is poor due to it.

BUT, federal law dictates asc and tc now.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #24
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Turn it off and it is back to fun driving.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #25
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
So is it off or in sleeping mode. If something is OFF then it should not come back until driver explicitly Turns ON.
Under 30 mph limit ?? Thats stupid.
dhk is right. Population gets more stupid and overconfident as new systems are introduced. For almost 200 years of motorization no electronic systems were needed. Now every one needs traction control so he/she can do hair, makeup, iphone conversation and get latte injection during the driving. Then winter comes in with 2 inches of snow and whole highway throttles down to 3 MPH

Its just plain stupid.
My Dad is 74. He says the same things about them new fangelled computers and email and such. lol
When 2" of snow bogs the roads down, it's because people don't have vsc. For almost 200 years of motorization we have been inventing new technology and options for our vehicles. I remember when you had to work your own windshield wipers intermitently, thats when we new how to drive. ahh,,,, the good old days

Old 02-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #26
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Turn it off and it is back to fun driving.
can you turn off enough to do sideways driving in these things? Reliably that is. I don't need asm telling me to go straight when I'm lining up a sweet drift.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #27
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
can you turn off enough to do sideways driving in these things? Reliably that is. I don't need asm telling me to go straight when I'm lining up a sweet drift.
Yeah. Pull the plug on the master cylinder and go for it. You can be drift king all you like.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #28
Me l've got brains.

OH.. yea.. not exactly "turning" it off.. but i got ya.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:41 AM   #29
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
OH.. yea.. not exactly "turning" it off.. but i got ya.
Don't consider it an off switch. It is the off plug.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #30
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 with the traction devices is MORE fun to drive than the other Tacomas... I can go anywhere with confidence that I won't ever get stuck... and I base that on what I have taken the new truck through already... The truck just goes and goes, and that is because of A-TRAC (which is an enhanced version of TRAC) that gives the truck abilities that would normally require front and rear lockers.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #31
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You know what is really stupid? People that buy modern vehicles then bitch about the modern electronics they are equipped with.
I just think they should offer packages with some of the supposedly helpful electronic aids not on the vehicle or possibly all the electronics they can while staying within legal borders.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:51 AM   #32
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trent
EVErsionDesigns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
What Christian says...

You hold the VSC OFF switch in for a few seconds WHILE STOPPED... in H2 or H4 and the VSC and TRAC are both disabled! Yes VSC lurks and will come on ONLY in the last moment to keep you from spinning out of control.

Finally, L4 (Low Range) has NO traction control/ VSC or ABS... Knock yourself out!

Toyota increased the off road performance with the limited slip TRAC and vehicle safety with VSC... You should really get to enjoy a truck that in H4 can go more places than in L4 because of TRAC... and won't spin-out on a slippery road they way empty pickups always like to do. I am on Tacoma #3, and the first one with the gizmos... and I have found them to make the truck superior to the way it was before... and it was pretty good before!
Is this the same with the 2011 models? (as far as holding the button down)

Old 07-30-2011, 01:55 AM   #33
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trent
EVErsionDesigns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
My Dad is 74. He says the same things about them new fangelled computers and email and such. lol
When 2" of snow bogs the roads down, it's because people don't have vsc. For almost 200 years of motorization we have been inventing new technology and options for our vehicles. I remember when you had to work your own windshield wipers intermitently, thats when we new how to drive. ahh,,,, the good old days
Flash back lol

Old 07-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #34
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVErsionDesigns View Post
Is this the same with the 2011 models? (as far as holding the button down)
There hasn't been any change to the operation posted here, and we are almost at the end of the 2011 model year.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:03 AM   #35
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My 2010 with the traction devices is MORE fun to drive than the other Tacomas... I can go anywhere with confidence that I won't ever get stuck... and I base that on what I have taken the new truck through already... The truck just goes and goes, and that is because of A-TRAC (which is an enhanced version of TRAC) that gives the truck abilities that would normally require front and rear lockers.

The ONE feature I wish I had.... A-TRAC.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #36
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
My '09 came with a manual in the glovebox , but in all fairness to you OP , yours may not have , you lost it , or can't read .

Hold in the VSC button for about 3 seconds while stopped .

Old 07-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #37
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc409 View Post
The ONE feature I wish I had.... A-TRAC.
Just get a front locker.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #38

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just get a front locker.
X2... but REAR LOCKER FIRST

Since you didn't buy an A-TRAC equipped truck, then adding a front (and rear, if not already on it) locker will be as close to having A-TRAC as possible (and some here would say better)!

Old 07-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #39
Banned
Quote:

Since you didn't buy an A-TRAC equipped truck, then adding a front (and rear, if not already on it) locker will be as close to having A-TRAC as possible (and some here would say better)!
For maximum traction it is better.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #40
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yet you are the only one that thinks A-TRAC is better. Are you ever going to let it rest? If it was indeed better, Toyota would be putting it on the 70 series landcruiser, a true off-roader. Yet the 70 series still comes with F/R lockers as an option. Care to explain that?

Closed Thread