Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

traction control 09 tacoma ??

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #41
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
Yet you are the only one that thinks A-TRAC is better. Are you ever going to let it rest? If it was indeed better, Toyota would be putting it on the 70 series landcruiser, a true off-roader. Yet the 70 series still comes with F/R lockers as an option. Care to explain that?
I never say the things you guys like to imply I do... but none-the-less, if it pleases you!

Front and Rear Lockers ARE THE BEST for pure traction/ tire power/ straight ahead or straight climbing. It also doesn't make the noises A-TRAC makes when it is working.

A-TRAC is indeed better at maximum traction when you are off road driving on turns... specially sharp turns like you often have on 4WD trails. The most important reason for most however, is that A-TRAC is INCLUDED on our trucks (this is Tacoma World, right) and front lockers are not.

With money as tight as it is today, getting a truck from the dealer with the kind of traction system the 4WD Off Road Tacomas have (and covered by warranty) is a winner.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #42
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
I never say the things you guys like to imply I do... but none-the-less, if it pleases you!

Front and Rear Lockers ARE THE BEST for pure traction/ tire power/ straight ahead or straight climbing. It also doesn't make the noises A-TRAC makes when it is working.

A-TRAC is indeed better at maximum traction when you are off road driving on turns... specially sharp turns like you often have on 4WD trails. The most important reason for most however, is that A-TRAC is INCLUDED on our trucks (this is Tacoma World, right) and front lockers are not.

With money as tight as it is today, getting a truck from the dealer with the kind of traction system the 4WD Off Road Tacomas have (and covered by warranty) is a winner.
Why must you feel the need to harp on it constantly then? I'm not the only one that is tired of hearing about it. It is also not included with the Tacoma, it is part of the Off-Road option, a package that cost some 3k more dollars than a similar SR5.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #43
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I should install a front locker just cuz then burn my ATRAC button.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #44
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why must you feel the need to harp on it constantly then? I'm not the only one that is tired of hearing about it. It is also not included with the Tacoma, it is part of the Off-Road option, a package that cost some 3k more dollars than a similar SR5.
This is a discussion forum... discuss, read, or not. Nobody makes you read my posts here... There are NEW readers every day... because you have read something, doesn't mean others have.

I can't tell you how many times I have read some (silly to me) thing here, over and over... but I don't harp on the OP for posting it. It is my fault for taking time to read something that doesn't interst me, not the OP's.

A suggestion: Have some responsibility for your own actions instead of forcing others to change there's.

I do not try to irritate anyone, and I do not try to post false information. I would prefer we all be friends... and that is why I don't tell others what they should or should not post on a public forum.

Okay with you?

Old 07-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #45
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Toyota.com for info. It is all there.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #46
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
This is a discussion forum... discuss, read, or not. Nobody makes you read my posts here... There are NEW readers every day... because you have read something, doesn't mean others have.

I can't tell you how many times I have read some (silly to me) thing here, over and over... but I don't harp on the OP for posting it. It is my fault for taking time to read something that doesn't interst me, not the OP's.

A suggestion: Have some responsibility for your own actions instead of forcing others to change there's.

I do not try to irritate anyone, and I do not try to post false information. I would prefer we all be friends... and that is why I don't tell others what they should or should not post on a public forum.

Okay with you?
You don't discuss, you preach. And you may not try to be irritating, but you are. Please just let it rest.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #47
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Because the same people ask the same already answered questions over and over. To be polite, David, answers those questions over and over.

One of the first things I did, after RTFM, was PM David for some clarification on TRAC and the yellow wire mod. You know how many times he's been asked that?? but he took his time and explained it to me and now I get it. I'm not a 4WD noob but I am when it came to ALSD, TRAC and VSC.

If you don't like it don't read the fucking posts. I equate this to you reading a book, saying it sucked, and then a week later picking it up and reading it again ... is that the authors fault?

Stop whining.

It's no more irritating then you guys following him around and feeling the need to post every time he does about how irritating it is ...

As a new person to TW I've gotten more help from him than anyone telling him to STFU.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #48
Banned
Ever notice that not even Toyota advertises ATRAC as much as some people?

Old 07-30-2011, 11:01 AM   #49
Say no to Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Because the same people ask the same already answered questions over and over. To be polite, David, answers those questions over and over.

One of the first things I did, after RTFM, was PM David for some clarification on TRAC and the yellow wire mod. You know how many times he's been asked that?? but he took his time and explained it to me and now I get it. I'm not a 4WD noob but I am when it came to ALSD, TRAC and VSC.

If you don't like it don't read the fucking posts. I equate this to you reading a book, saying it sucked, and then a week later picking it up and reading it again ... is that the authors fault?

Stop whining.

It's no more irritating then you guys following him around and feeling the need to post every time he does about how irritating it is ...

As a new person to TW I've gotten more help from him than anyone telling him to STFU.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #51
Say no to Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Mad? On a forum? ... lol I have a life, bro.
Cool story Bro!

Old 07-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #52
Banned
Next thing you know there will be a poem written about ATRAC.

Ode to ATRAC

Oh ATRAC how I love thee....

Old 07-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #53
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Next thing you know there will be a poem written about ATRAC.

Ode to ATRAC

Oh ATRAC how I love thee....
Haiku would work well ..

Old 07-30-2011, 11:19 AM   #54
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
STFU its a forum dude!!!

Old 07-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #55
Say no to Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincoma View Post
STFU its a forum dude!!!

Old 07-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #56
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #57
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 07-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #58
Banned
ATRAC ringtone? Thud thud thud thud...thud thud thud thud....

Hey dude. What's that?

Oh just my ATRAC ringtone.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #59

David K's Tacoma Gallery
It is really a shame that you can't get off the computer long enough to find a use for the 4WD truck you obviously regret getting... If you used your Off Road TRD like I have used mine, then your attitude would be so different. Instead, you follow me as I try helping folks with MY discoveries... If they wanted to go to Toyota.com, don't you think they would?

Perhaps some folks want to hear from users of A-TRAC and not the company selling it or a bunch of guys who don't even use theirs or own a truck with it.

You guys act like I have a Nissan and am the enemy talking up a foreign product. This is Tacoma World, and I love my Tacomas (all 3) because they have OUT-PERFORMED themselves in many extreme conditions. If you hate the Toyota product, great... but give a real reason why instead of making stuff up.

How about it... I don't trash your posts, so don't follow me just to complain when I provide honest answers on how the truck works for ME.

OK Chief?

Old 07-30-2011, 05:53 PM   #60
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It is really a shame that you can't get off the computer long enough to find a use for the 4WD truck you obviously regret getting... If you used your Off Road TRD like I have used mine, then your attitude would be so different.
You two are on here about the same amount of time .

Just sayin

Closed Thread