1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Light Replacement

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by avengedkevinfold, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Feb 14, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    avengedkevinfold

avengedkevinfold [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Socal - OC - Huntington Beach
    bilstien 5100s all the way around, ICON progressive 3 leaf kit, Illegal tint, snuglid SL, seatbelt chime mod. light racing UCAs
    I have a tonneau cover with a light that is wired so that I have to have my ignition in the "partial on" position for the light to work. This is obviously so that if you forget it on it will not drain battery.

Anyways I hate that. I would like to rewire it to my batter so it can turn on ANYTIME and I would like the light to have maybe a 5 or 10 minute timer so that I dont have the battery drain problem.

Anybody know of a light like this that can be powered by my car battery somehow?

Thanks

2. Feb 15, 2011 at 6:08 PM
    MushyB

MushyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA/CT
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco TRD Off-Road
    there's plenty of 12v lights that'll run off of your battery. when you wire a switch inline you can manually turn it on or off from inside the cab..... personally i would wire and setup a button switch to push the button in when you close the tonneau cover to turn your light off. very much like how your door light switch works. do a little research either on here for "bed light mod" to educate yourself on how the wiring can be ran, and i'd recommend finding a door switch online from an automotive electronics store. you may be able to just get one of these at your local automotive store too. to be honest i don't know of any timers for lights that are readily available, but i'm sure you can get them.

Products Discussed in

To Top