Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Whistling noise at higher speeds, anyone else?

Old 09-05-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
ZitroTX is on a distinguished road
ZitroTX's Tacoma Gallery
Whistling noise at higher speeds, anyone else?

Hi there,
I have an 05 double cab short bed with 147,500 miles on it as of today. When I drive at speeds over 65 mph I get this whistling noise in the cabin. I've tried opening and closing different vents to alter the circulation in the cabin, but no luck.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZitroTX View Post
Hi there,
I have an 05 double cab short bed with 147,500 miles on it as of today. When I drive at speeds over 65 mph I get this whistling noise in the cabin. I've tried opening and closing different vents to alter the circulation in the cabin, but no luck.

wowowowowo 147,500?!?!??! thats awesome!!

but bout the noise, yea sorry man it is a truck and isnt really air dynamic. i heard its worse on the extended cabs
Old 09-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
there is a tsb for a whistling noise in the cabin b/c of the windshield.

NV006-07 AUG 07 Body - Windshield Wind Noise at Highway Speeds

go here and look up the above tsb

of course it wont be covered under warranty, but at least u know what u can do to fix it
Old 09-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Hodgie beat me to it...check out his link,I bet that's the prob.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
yep....what hoggey and squad say.....wind noise from the windshield. get the dealer to look at the tsb for it, should take care of it.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, the dealer would look at it if it was under 36000 miles...que no?
Old 09-06-2008, 11:48 AM   #9
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem with my X-Runner, mine would start at about 90 ... I just took it to the stealership and they re-sealed the windshield
Old 09-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
I had the same problem with my X-Runner, mine would start at about 90 ... I just took it to the stealership and they re-sealed the windshield
stealership....LOLZ
Old 09-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #12
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
When in NJ, I'm cursing at other drivers too loudly to hear any whistling...
This is a good point. I used to curse more than whistle on my morning commute up the NJ Turnpike.