Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Has anyone heard of this Intake?

Old 09-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #21
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoft_warrior View Post
Alright thanks. Gonna go do it now. Take care.
have at it man!!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #22
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
good luck with the process!!!

P.S. ur truck looks awesome!! i love white letters out on an all black truck
Old 09-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #23
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I bought an Ebay special for my Altima a couple years ago. I wanted to see for myself if they were worth it. I replaced the filter with a K&N which really isn't any better than the junk filter that came with it (I know better now). The bracket that bolted the piping to the car broke from engine vibration and it sounded horrible, very tinny and cheap, because the piping was very thin, and the plastic connector sleeves were junk that ripped when you tightened the hose clamps. In short, it was a POS.

You get what you pay for.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #25
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
It started to rain last night about the time I got home to do it so still awaiting to get it done.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #26
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok so i attempted to take it out today. (first chance i really got) Got off the hose and into the box. and pulled out the primary filter. The secondary filter was on the inside closer to the engine. There was no way to pull out the box that the secondary filter out. I tryed to get behind it to pry it out but the filter was in too tight. Is there anything else you guys suggest to help get it out. Any pictures of the V6 that can help me out?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:54 AM   #27
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ok so i attempted to take it out today. (first chance i really got) Got off the hose and into the box. and pulled out the primary filter. The secondary filter was on the inside closer to the engine. There was no way to pull out the box that the secondary filter out. I tryed to get behind it to pry it out but the filter was in too tight. Is there anything else you guys suggest to help get it out. Any pictures of the V6 that can help me out?
remove the whole airbox. it should be maybe 2 or so bolts that actually hold the box on. slide off the vacuum line on the back of the airbox. uncsrew the clamp that holds the airbox hose to the throttle body, and you will have to unsnap the maf sensor. other than tha, the box should come out easy, then you can use a razor knife to cut the rivet heads off the sec. filter.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #28
Chomag will become famous soon enough
Chomag's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't remove my whole box when I did mine. What I did was cut a slit into the filter itself just enough where I could get my fingers on the inside and pulled it right out.

However this method is nowhere near as clean as taking the whole air-box out and cutting the rivets out first, but it does save allot of hassle.It's pretty much up to you on what your most comfortable with.

IF you do do this method though I highly recommend you double, even triple check to make sure there are no broken pieces of plastic, or anything that might be left inside the air box before closing it back up since you will be breaking the rivets while its still inside the air box.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #29
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
remove the whole airbox. it should be maybe 2 or so bolts that actually hold the box on. slide off the vacuum line on the back of the airbox. uncsrew the clamp that holds the airbox hose to the throttle body, and you will have to unsnap the maf sensor. other than tha, the box should come out easy, then you can use a razor knife to cut the rivet heads off the sec. filter.
What does the MAF sensor look like? and I didnt see where the Airbox is connected to the throttle by bolts. i guess i just didnt look hard enough. And again i am a noob at all of this stuff so i apologize for any annoyance i might cause.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #30

Quote:
What does the MAF sensor look like? and I didnt see where the Airbox is connected to the throttle by bolts. i guess i just didnt look hard enough. And again i am a noob at all of this stuff so i apologize for any annoyance i might cause.
nah...you aint annoying man!!!

where the airbox hooks to the throttle body....there is a clamp with a philips head screw that you need to loosen, not bolts. the bolts are closer to the side of the intake, you need to remove these, and they are either 10 or 12 mm socket to get them off. the maf sensor is on the left front side of the intake. the top has 2 small screws, but you leave them alone. all you need to do is unsnap the plug in for the maf sensor, and the maf sensor itself will stay in the intake.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #31
Batman

Ok i removed that screw clamp and pulled off the front half of the air box but the filter is in the back. I am going to look again for the bolts.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #32
Chomag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Man... I don't think its humanly possible to annoy any of these peeps on here with questions about our Tacos.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #33
Batman

Ok I looked and there are two of those clamps that requires a phillips head to undo. There is one next to the hose right where the filters are then there is also another one in the middle.[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Zachary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]

Is the MAF sensor that in the lower left where the wires are?
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Zachary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Zachary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #34

Quote:
Ok I looked and there are two of those clamps that requires a phillips head to undo. There is one next to the hose right where the filters are then there is also another one in the middle.[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Zachary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]

Is the MAF sensor that in the lower left where the wires are?
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Zachary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Zachary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.jpg[/IMG]
no pics came up man.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #36
Chomag's Tacoma Gallery
Hey bro, not sure if this will help you out some more but here is a link to a step-by-step write up with pics of the secondary filter removel that 007taco had posted awhile back ago. I think it may have a picture of the MAF in there somewhere as well. I hope this helps.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...r-removal.html

Good luck!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #37

Quote:

Does it show up now?
the maf is right there near the front where the wires are. unsnap the clip, and it'll unplug. the hose on the front......you can just pull the whole end outta the intake, and it goes back in easy.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:16 AM   #38
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
Hey bro, not sure if this will help you out some more but here is a link to a step-by-step write up with pics of the secondary filter removel that 007taco had posted awhile back ago. I think it may have a picture of the MAF in there somewhere as well. I hope this helps.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...r-removal.html

Good luck!
i looked at that. my 08 is set up different than that
Old 09-09-2008, 11:16 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
MAF circled
hey man, can you circle the bolts that he needs to remove also?? im not sure as to how to put up pics with circles.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #40

Quote:
i looked at that. my 08 is set up different than that
yep.....what 007 posted was for the 4cyl.