Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Has anyone heard of this Intake?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:21 AM   #41
Chomag will become famous soon enough
Chomag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yep.....what 007 posted was for the 4cyl.
Ahhh, I totally forgot that there was not a V6 set up in that. I'm actually surprised no-one has posted one for the V6 yet lol

Anyway, sorry man I wish it could have helped
Old 09-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #42
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
Thanks for the help. Its raining again so i cant try right now. But if you can show me the bolts that need to be removed to get the airbox off that would be great and i can try again tomorrow unless it is raining tomorrow too.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #43
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
Man... I don't think its humanly possible to annoy any of these peeps on here with questions about our Tacos.
I appreciate it too guys. I need to do this on my truck as well.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #44
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
Does this bling-thing replace the entire airbox like the K&N/etc?
it probably does, but its one pos setup. you can just look at it and see that its a waste of money.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:36 AM   #45
blkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blkbelt42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
no....remove the secondary air filter all together(its behind the main air filter), and install a good filter in place of the stock normal air filter. removing the sec. filter wont void the warranty.
can this be done on a 2011 sport 4x4?
Old 08-10-2011, 05:42 AM   #46
blkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Can it.......yes

will the V6 see any difference........most say no
oh! thanks man. was looking for something to boost the low end abit and right now a CAI is just too much cash.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
ur welcome...........

Be warned, the opinions on HP or TQ increases from "cold air intakes" are all over this forum.

Factory setup draws cool air from the fenderwell area already, go look at ur passenger front fender liner (look inside wheel well towards front and bottom) U will see the gills which aid the intake to breath air other than the engine bays hot air.

The intake tube DOES NOT go all the way down to those gills tho, dont worry....It extends only 4" or so into the actual fender.

If u remove it u will see what I mean.

The only TRUE cold air intakes, meaning that they are either placed in front of ur radiator, or have a scoop to funnel in air from up front are the

URD cold air intake
and
Volant cold air intake

all others so far use the same fender area for cool air ......Or draw in air from the engine bay unfortunately.

DONT believe the hype, and the false dyno claims made by some companies.......chris4x4 actually dynoed a few and LOST hp with a K&N setup

both the URD and volant have their cons.

URD requires a little cutting (not too big a deal from what I see), BUUUUT i leaves the filter exposed to the elements somewhat as it is directly behind ur grill, and can have issues with rain/mud/snow.

the Volant has been known (not always) to set off check engine lights.
nice write up. I've had them in other trucks - all V8's though, didn't know if they were worth the money for the Taco. I actually had a volant in my Titan and was very happy with it, especially after adding a magnaflow exhaust to it.

after followint the v6 link above it looks like some noticed a bit of response but not much by ditching the secondary
filter. I'm not sure if they replaced it or just took it out and left it like that. I don't know if the 2011 even had that
same 2ndary filter in it, haven't been under the hood with this one.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #48
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
A supercharger will give a nice low end bump.