Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Has anyone heard of this Intake?

Old 09-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
Has anyone heard of this Intake?

Toyota Tacoma Short Ram Air Intake System

I found this on ebay. I just wanted to know about the system. I dont have the funds right now for an AFE or anything expensive thats why i was looking on ebay. Does anyone know about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...spagenameZWDVW

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Zachary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Zachary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

• BlingLights filters dirt invisible to the human eye!
  • New Open Top Design provides increased air flow and rigidity over previous closed top design!
  • BlingLights unique non-woven synthetic filter media never needs oil!
  • Less down time between cleanings and no chance of over-oiling.
  • Carbon-Black powder coated pipe.
  • Element is cleanable and is Made for Life!
  • Will not void your vehicle warranty!
  • Carbon Fiber Open Top Filter
  • Open Top Design for Increased Flow
  • Reusable Filter, No More Replacing
  • Black Ionized Stainless Metal Piping
  • Mandrel Pipe Bends for Less Restriction
  • Many Sizes In Stock
  • Rubber Collar for Secure Fit
  • Two Adjustable O-rings for Secure Fit
  • Step by Step Installation Instructions

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Zachary/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
honestly, i wouldnt trust it to make any kind of difference, and i really wouldnt trust that filter that they are using. the only thing i can see it doing is making the intake louder. just my opinion though. i still say best bang for the buck, for the intake is to leave the stocker alone, remove secondary filter and get a good filter like the afr pro dry s, or even a k&n and install it. you'll still gain better mileage, but its pretty cheap...alot cheaper than a "good intake" is.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Replace the Secondary airfilter with the Afe? Will that void the warranty? Is there a tutorial on how to remove the secondary airfilter for a 2008 V6 tacoma?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoft_warrior View Post
Replace the Secondary airfilter with the Afe? Will that void the warranty?
no....remove the secondary air filter all together(its behind the main air filter), and install a good filter in place of the stock normal air filter. removing the sec. filter wont void the warranty.....its only a charcoal filter for emissions anyway. if you have vehicle inspections in your area....just keep the sec. filter so you can stick it back in when you go for inspection.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
Batman

Oh okay. Sounds easy enough maybe I will try that. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Oh okay. Sounds easy enough maybe I will try that. Thanks!
not a problem, buddy!!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
Batman

Will this do any damage to the engine?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Will this do any damage to the engine?
none at all man. in fact, your motor will idle a bit better and have a bit more throttle response since it'll be breathing better. i aint gonna tell you to do something if its gonna mess up anything man!!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #9
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
BlingLights filters dirt invisible to the human eye!

AHAHAHAHHA WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!??!?!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
BlingLights filters dirt invisible to the human eye!

AHAHAHAHHA WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!??!?!!!!
man, blinglights company is always trying to make a buck by selling junk aftermarket car/truck parts. even their fog lights are shitty!!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #11
Batman

I didnt think they were really any good since i had never heard about them. When you get to the secondary air filter how do you get it out of the rivets and then to put them back in for emissions? Maybe i should check emissions laws for here too.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #12

Quote:
I didnt think they were really any good since i had never heard about them. When you get to the secondary air filter how do you get it out of the rivets and then to put them back in for emissions? Maybe i should check emissions laws for here too.
the little plastic rivets, just use a razor knife and cut the heads off, and the filter will come out. you can just pull it out afterwards. just make sure none of the plastic shavings get into the intake. honestly, i wouldnt worry about emissions, since you can just open the airbox and put it back in in like 2 minutes.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #13
Batman

Alright I will probably get to it within the next few days as long as Hanna doesnt flood us out. Dont think it will but in our area we never know. Thanks for the help. I will try it.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Alright I will probably get to it within the next few days as long as Hanna doesnt flood us out. Dont think it will but in our area we never know. Thanks for the help. I will try it.
yep...let us know how it turns out. we are waiting on hanna too, and we are starting to get some wind and rain from the out flow of it!!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #15
Batman

We are starting with wind but rain wont start until early tomorrow. Hey got one more question does the removal of the secondary change the MPG?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #16
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
man, blinglights company is always trying to make a buck by selling junk aftermarket car/truck parts. even their fog lights are shitty!!

yea even their name with just the word BLING in it has junk aftermarket written all over it
Old 09-05-2008, 03:01 PM   #17
Batman

Quote:
yea even their name with just the word BLING in it has junk aftermarket written all over it

Hahahahaha. Yeah I hadn't even seen the name when I was surfing Ebay. When I did thats why i put it on here.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #18

Quote:
We are starting with wind but rain wont start until early tomorrow. Hey got one more question does the removal of the secondary change the MPG?
its possible to see a small gain, but you'll have a better gain with the afe pro dry s filter over the stock one more than likely.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #19

Quote:
yep......i stay away from anything thats even remotely "blingy", cause thats how i roll!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #20
Batman

Alright thanks. Gonna go do it now. Take care.