Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

how to make hood scoop functional?

Old 09-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
dude
drew-z will become famous soon enough
drew-z's Tacoma Gallery
how to make hood scoop functional?

i have an 05 tacoma with the hood scoop thats not functional. i have the k&n intake from the factory. how can i make that scoop functional??
Old 09-06-2008, 03:24 AM   #2
Glockin
GasTiresOil has a spectacular aura aboutGasTiresOil has a spectacular aura about
Law Enforcement:
GasTiresOil's Tacoma Gallery
it would take some skilled fabrication. Not only opening the scoop, but then plumbing the intake pipe so it functions without letting in water. IMO stick with the intake you have and dont bother trying to open the scoop.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:01 AM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Im totally with you Drew-I HATE nonfunctional stuff too-like when Chevy made the "choochoo" El Camino, one of the addons was "nonfunctional" sidepipes....and you saw the functioning SINGLE TAILPIPE hanging out one side fake hodscoops make no sense. HOWEVER-GTO's above post is SO true-you cannot just cut a hole and forget it-you would need a system within that would catch water and deflect/channel it out and away from the engine, while recieving enough air for the intake! IMO NOT worth it!