Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Top TSB's that you recommend before warranty expires

Old 02-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
tony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nice

Name: Tony
tony92629's Tacoma Gallery
Top TSB's that you recommend before warranty expires

Other than the leaf spring upgrade (Already done)...what other TSB's do you recommend being completed before the warranty expires?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a hang in the shifting between 1st and 2nd at rolling stops ?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
^ To that TSB, I was told I had to get my pedal chopped or else they wouldn't do the transmission. So I said no despite really wanting it.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackToyotaTacoma View Post
^ To that TSB, I was told I had to get my pedal chopped or else they wouldn't do the transmission. So I said no despite really wanting it.
That's dumb , the pedal trim is un-noticeable , but the shifting is greatly improved . Your choice .
Old 02-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
j0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

j0sh's Tacoma Gallery
Pedal chop is nothing... Get the tsb since the reflash fixing the transmission hang is much better.

Also the TSB for the rattle in the steering column was quite nice.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
tony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
If yer blower motor is a squeakin, I suggest the TSB. Just got mine in yesterday and what a great feeling of silence inside finally! If it ain't squeakin, maybe play a CD of some crickets and pull up to the dealer so you can get a free blower motor before your warranty is up

Yes - I told my service guy about this one. It really bugs me. Knew blower motor on back order....But, I am in the system! Thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #7

Great! Thanks for the help - keep 'em coming if you have any more ideas!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Auto transmission shifting TSB. I was sooo pissed with the transmission before the reflash. All is good now!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
Auto transmission shifting TSB. I was sooo pissed with the transmission before the reflash. All is good now!
Agree 100%
Old 02-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #10
Node is on a distinguished road
Node's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha, automatics...
Old 02-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Node View Post
hahaha, automatics...
Automatically awesome.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Node View Post
hahaha, automatics...
Have fun with your TOB
Old 02-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #13
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Pedal chop is a RECALL.

Not the same as a TSB.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #14
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
The Pedal chop is a RECALL.

Not the same as a TSB.
I know that, apparently the dealership doesn't care..
Old 02-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know that, apparently the dealership doesn't care..
More than likely , the dealer's position is that if they do any work on your truck , including the TSB you want done , that they would then have to do the recall work as well , which involves the pedal trim and the brake override software update .

Seriously , the pedal trim in a non issue .

Zero .
Old 03-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #16
Seandaman is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Seandaman's Tacoma Gallery
Had the transmission tsb done yesterday, it's a night and day difference.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:52 AM   #18
Seandaman is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Seandaman's Tacoma Gallery
57000, needs a new valve cover gasket also.