Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looking for a Wiring Schematic for the Rear View Mirror. Anyone have that?

Old 02-16-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a Wiring Schematic for the Rear View Mirror. Anyone have that?

Basically I am mounting my Radar detector to the rear view mirror and looking to get power for it out of the mirror.

For anyone with a Passport or Valentine 1, there is a guy that makes rear view mirror mounts for them. It clamps around the mirror shaft and you just take the suction cups out of your windshield mount and slide it up in the bottom of this mount. Then bolt it tight. Hold the detector nice under the mirror. And If I can pull power from the mirror wiring like I have done in my previous vehicles then there is no visible wiring.

I run my radar through Virginia, and have not been stopped yet. With it sitting back off the windshield and the tinted windows, you really don't see it.

So, anyone know which wires get 12v and ground in the mirror harness?
Old 02-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Look in here, it'll tell you the power wire.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ew-camera.html
Old 02-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Light green is +12v and the white/black wire next to it is ground.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
awesome... thanks...
Old 03-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
hardground is on a distinguished road

hardground's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuneff View Post
Basically I am mounting my Radar detector to the rear view mirror and looking to get power for it out of the mirror.

For anyone with a Passport or Valentine 1, there is a guy that makes rear view mirror mounts for them. It clamps around the mirror shaft and you just take the suction cups out of your windshield mount and slide it up in the bottom of this mount. Then bolt it tight. Hold the detector nice under the mirror. And If I can pull power from the mirror wiring like I have done in my previous vehicles then there is no visible wiring.

I run my radar through Virginia, and have not been stopped yet. With it sitting back off the windshield and the tinted windows, you really don't see it.

So, anyone know which wires get 12v and ground in the mirror harness?

Hey Kuneff need help with my radar detector hard wire install. I have a Valentine 1. I see that I need to use the green wire for the 12V and white wire right next to it for the ground.

What i am not sure about is what wires I should use inside the wire that is pretty much a black phone line. It has four wires being black, red, green and yellow. What wires do i need to use out of these four wires? And have you put a fuse on yours? The V1 comes with a fuse so was wondering if that was needed or if it is a good idea.

Thanks for the help