Notices

Seat Belt Buzzer

Old 02-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
timkins42 is on a distinguished road
Army: CSM retired
Name: Tim
timkins42's Tacoma Gallery
Seat Belt Buzzer

I have done the seat belt buzzer mod on my 2010 Tacoma. Now how do I stop the red light from flashing in the gauge cluster?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Wear your seatbelt and it will go off.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
^Lol X2. I actually read a guy that had taken an old buckle without the belt and just clips it in the socket to make it think its on. Seems safe to me!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
^Lol X2. I actually read a guy that had taken an old buckle without the belt and just clips it in the socket to make it think its on. Seems safe to me!
lol, i've heard of this too

Back in the day, my brother had a maybe 91-92 Civic hatchback where you could just press in the orange/red buckle release button and the light/chime would go off. I faintly remember him shoving a wood shim in the buckle slot for his seatbelt "mod"
Old 02-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Cravenspeed sells these for cool guys: http://www.cravenspeed.com/products/Chimex-.html. I'm sure you can find something similar on ebay.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timkins42 View Post
I have done the seat belt buzzer mod on my 2010 Tacoma. Now how do I stop the red light from flashing in the gauge cluster?

Black electrician's tape ....... .
Old 02-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #7
AKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to behold

Name: RETODD
AKTACO420's Tacoma Gallery
i just unplugged my seat belts from the wiring harness under the seats no light or buzz
Old 02-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #8
mattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattygabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
lol, i've heard of this too

Back in the day, my brother had a maybe 91-92 Civic hatchback where you could just press in the orange/red buckle release button and the light/chime would go off. I faintly remember him shoving a wood shim in the buckle slot for his seatbelt "mod"
Yeah I knew someone that actually fabricated a piece of aluminum the same thickness and shape of the buckle to just shim in there, and it'd solve both. It was in a 1991 Honda Accord, the ones with the automatic moving shoulder belts, so I could see how it was annoying, but I just put up with the annoyance for safety's sake...