1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got some new feet.... now I just need a day off to get them installed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by floridaoccifer, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Feb 24, 2011 at 5:07 AM
    floridaoccifer

floridaoccifer [OP] Civil Servant

Member:
    Thanks for the commentary everyone.

I checked around everywhere and McCormackRacing.com was not only the best price but included free lugs and free shipping. I was worried when I had a shipping snafu with Fedex but after a simple call she got the entire order straightened out and cleared within 2 days. I have mail ordered a lot of items over the past years and without a doubt this is one of the best experiences I have had.

2. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:52 AM
    resq330

resq330 El' Capi-Tan

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    VA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCSB TRD-Sport
    K&N Drop-In, Dick Cepek 'Torque' Wheels, Wet Okole Seat Covers, LED Interior
    Sorry to dig up an old thread....

To the OP, I purchased the same wheels you have (only in a 17") a while back and can't seem to get rid of my steering wheel shake. Did you experience this problem? Did you install hub centric rings? Road force balanced? Thanks in advance.

3. Sep 15, 2011 at 8:41 AM
    floridaoccifer

Member:

I have no issues with shake what so ever and they are direct bolt on with no rings. My tires are Pirelli Scorpion which are known for vibrations yet all worked out great. I did have Toyota do the install...

I do know that DC has amazing customer service so if nothing else is working you may want to reach out to them.

Good luck and let me know how this works out.

4. Sep 15, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    resq330

resq330 El' Capi-Tan

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    VA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCSB TRD-Sport

Thanks for your reply. I have had steering wheel shake since day one of putting these on. I have had them balanced 3 times, 1 of which was done by Toyota. They also "said" they took a new Toyota off the lot and put the wheels/tires from it on my truck and drove it. Said the shaking stopped. I called and talked to DC and they said to make sure they lugs are conical (which they are). I may give them a call back.

5. Sep 16, 2011 at 3:45 PM
    floridaoccifer

Member:
    When in doubt bring that firm but NICE attitude to the table. I have had more companies help me out fully just by playing that hand.

Let me know how it all works out... The biggest wildcard next to the rims is your tires :(

6. Sep 16, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    resq330

resq330 El' Capi-Tan

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    VA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCSB TRD-Sport
    Problem is I don't have anything I could get the upper hand on them with. Yeah, you're right. I believe I'm gonna get them road force balanced. See if that helps. These new rims could have stressed the tires.

7. Oct 3, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    i am looking into getting these wheels and was about to PM the both of you and see if you had any issues with these wheels (i think you 2 are the only ones on here with these wheels haha). Whenever I had mine put on i was going to get them road forced and i was going to buy the ET spline drive lugs from wheelers as they are narrower to fit in the hole and have the shanked end to center the wheel so hopefully that does it

8. Oct 3, 2011 at 9:24 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    oh hell ya. i think i just found the wheels i want. they look good with the silver! and glad to see a good with with them on a silver! :D

Products Discussed in

To Top