Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Finding Nerf Bars for 2011 Reg Cab 4x4

Old 02-17-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
FERGUSON789 is on a distinguished road
FERGUSON789's Tacoma Gallery
Finding Nerf Bars for 2011 Reg Cab 4x4

Cannot find anyone offering Nerf bars for the Regular Cab 4x4 (2011).

Seems like everything is made for Extended or Double Cab

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 02-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders and welcome
Old 02-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com...5-current.aspx

these are a few options I have found

Welcome to TW
Old 02-21-2011, 06:18 AM   #4
Conjure is on a distinguished road
Conjure's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com...5-current.aspx

these are a few options I have found

Welcome to TW
is this a legit site and are the n-fabs they sell genuine? they seem to have good prices. thx!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:44 AM   #5
The Messiah
90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

90YotaPU's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a bump for ya. I'm looking for the same thing. After seeing sliders in person I don't think I'm that keen on them.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
FERGUSON789 is on a distinguished road
FERGUSON789's Tacoma Gallery
Nerf Bars Found

Went with a pair of Avid Offoad slider bars. Excellent people to work with. I appeciate everyones help and suggestions. Thanks again!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conjure View Post
is this a legit site and are the n-fabs they sell genuine? they seem to have good prices. thx!

Yes, I got mine from this site and I like them alot. Took two weeks to hit my door.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
Conjure's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
Yes, I got mine from this site and I like them alot. Took two weeks to hit my door.
cool, thanks man! yeah, debating whether to get them...they seem more practical than the tube steps e.g. easier to get in and out of the truck, provides a little side protection etc. do you happen to know if these are the 2" or 3" version? and one last question, are they heavy? many thanks and excuse the newbie questions
Old 02-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Have you looked into sliders instead of steps?
Old 02-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #10
HomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
HomeGrown's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for N-Fab. If you go to their website, you have to look under the category of "wheel to wheel". Mine are on the way, should receive them next week. Got them from truckaddons.com for $360 shipped.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:43 AM   #11
Conjure's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Welcome to TW! Have you looked into sliders instead of steps?
many thanks for the welcome! no, i haven't yet. i'm interested in something practical, easy for myself and passengers (including the wifey) to step in and out, lightweight, looks good, and provides some side protection won't be doing any serious offroading so no need for protection from big rocks or anything like that. got any suggestions? thx man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGrown View Post
+1 for N-Fab. If you go to their website, you have to look under the category of "wheel to wheel". Mine are on the way, should receive them next week. Got them from truckaddons.com for $360 shipped.
yeah, kinda leaning toward the n-fab. i noticed that re "wheel to wheel" and also saw that there's a 2" and a 3" version. the 3" costs a bit more but look a little nicer. are these things really heavy, i want to keep the weight down for performance many thx bro!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #12
HomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:

yeah, kinda leaning toward the n-fab. i noticed that re "wheel to wheel" and also saw that there's a 2" and a 3" version. the 3" costs a bit more but look a little nicer. are these things really heavy, i want to keep the weight down for performance many thx bro!
Did I miss something?? I thought the ones for the reg cab were only available in 2"
Anyway, it looks like I should be getting them tomorrow! Now if only I had a truck to put them on!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #13
Here's a pic of the N-Fab bars I just got today. They're not really different lengths, just the angle of the pic.

Conjure, not to worry about weight at all, these bars are just under 11 lbs. each. Very nice looking quality and craftsmanship, although I give them major negative points for not doing mandrel bends on the ends. IMHO, this seperates the amateures from the real pros. They look like typical exhaust pipe bends, although they shouldn't be visible anyway.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #14
Conjure's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did I miss something?? I thought the ones for the reg cab were only available in 2"
Anyway, it looks like I should be getting them tomorrow! Now if only I had a truck to put them on!
lol, my bad...a semi-thread hijack i'm getting a 4-banger double cab which has the option of the 2" or 3" tubes.

Quote:
Here's a pic of the N-Fab bars I just got today. They're not really different lengths, just the angle of the pic.

those look sweet...don't forget to post pics once they're installed!

Conjure, not to worry about weight at all, these bars are just under 11 lbs. each. Very nice looking quality and craftsmanship, although I give them major negative points for not doing mandrel bends on the ends. IMHO, this seperates the amateures from the real pros. They look like typical exhaust pipe bends, although they shouldn't be visible anyway.
thanks bro! they're lighter than i expected, good to know. however, as i'm getting a DC, these are going to be more like 20 lbs each.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #15
Quote:
lol, my bad...a semi-thread hijack i'm getting a 4-banger double cab which has the option of the 2" or 3" tubes.

thanks bro! they're lighter than i expected, good to know. however, as i'm getting a DC, these are going to be more like 20 lbs each.
No problem Conjure, glad to do what i can
Sweet! I really like the looks of the N-Fab bars on a DC.
And yeah, that would explain the option of the 3" bars. I personally think they're overpriced for what they are, but they are great looking bars. Can't wait to get them on my truck!
Old 02-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
Conjure's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No problem Conjure, glad to do what i can
Sweet! I really like the looks of the N-Fab bars on a DC.
And yeah, that would explain the option of the 3" bars. I personally think they're overpriced for what they are, but they are great looking bars. Can't wait to get them on my truck!
thanks bro! yeah, i agree, they're overpriced but definitely are the best looking...and appear to be the easiest for getting in and out of ur truck. don't forget to post pics after the install!
Old 02-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #17
Quote:
thanks bro! yeah, i agree, they're overpriced but definitely are the best looking...and appear to be the easiest for getting in and out of ur truck. don't forget to post pics after the install!
You got it bro, I will def. will post pics after I install the bars & Satoshi grille, both of which will be installed about 30 minutes after I bring my truck home.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #18
cjcold is on a distinguished road
cjcold's Tacoma Gallery
Just put black 3" Westin #23-3695 cab length nerf bars on my 2013 reg cab and they look great. Mounted in stock holes in 15 minutes. Found them new on ebay for $130.00.