Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just got my Optima yellow top!!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my Optima yellow top!!!

My battery died yesterday and today i got a yellow top OPtima.. I don't know if its just me or i think my truck runs better. LOl.. I only buy the best for my faithfull baby...
Old 02-17-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
Mr SGA
MrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Layne
MrFastLayne's Tacoma Gallery
Nice what's the CCA on the Yellow top?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacotrd View Post
My battery died yesterday and today i got a yellow top OPtima.. I don't know if its just me or i think my truck runs better. LOl.. I only buy the best for my faithfull baby...
Nice!!
I saw one at autozone the other day and was
like oooohhhhhhh

then I saw the price and was like
Old 02-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #6
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! i have a red top in my truck. the yellow top was overkill for my application.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #7
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Nice!!
I saw one at autozone the other day and was
like oooohhhhhhh

then I saw the price and was like
For what it's worth I got autozone to match a price I found online....
Old 02-17-2011, 11:55 PM   #8
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, I know it was like 194 plus tax.. But i was reading some other threads and people were saying that you have to extend the power cable cause it was to short but its cause they bought the wrong one. Its the D35 model that bolts right on the second gen tacomas.. I'll post some pics tomorrow cause its dark out and the pics wont come out to good.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #9
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
Welcome to the club. I upgraded too a couple months ago. My old battery now powers my skeet thrower.
There she is!!! Thanks for the pic..
Old 02-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #10
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks guys, I know it was like 194 plus tax.. But i was reading some other threads and people were saying that you have to extend the power cable cause it was to short but its cause they bought the wrong one. Its the D35 model that bolts right on the second gen tacomas.. I'll post some pics tomorrow cause its dark out and the pics wont come out to good.
Can't wait for pics. I want to get one, but the site says I need a "bottom adapter," whatever the hell that is.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:03 AM   #11
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
Can't wait for pics. I want to get one, but the site says I need a "bottom adapter," whatever the hell that is.

Yeah, its like a plastic spacer that clips on the bottom and brings it up about an inch.The adaptor came with the battery its not something you need to special order. Before my taco would strugle to turn on when cold and now it starts like a brand new car.. Im happy
Old 02-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #12

rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, its like a plastic spacer that clips on the bottom and brings it up about an inch.The adaptor came with the battery its not something you need to special order. Before my taco would strugle to turn on when cold and now it starts like a brand new car.. Im happy
sweet. if you don't mind, how much did you end up paying?? where'd you get it?
Old 02-18-2011, 12:22 AM   #14
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
I recently put one in my truck, I love it.
Stock battery would be dead if I let it sit for more than a week or two, but now, no problems
Old 02-18-2011, 12:23 AM   #15
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Nice! I have a yellow top too but I didn't notice any change on how my truck or electronics run. I don't think a battery makes a difference but it's nice to know that I can run my stereo for a longer period of time.

Here's mine installed
Old 02-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #16
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
Nice! I have a yellow top too but I didn't notice any change on how my truck or electronics run. I don't think a battery makes a difference but it's nice to know that I can run my stereo for a longer period of time.

Here's mine installed
that is pretty clean man
Old 02-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #17
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
Here is a pic of mine with the bottom adapter (comes with the battery).
Old 02-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #18
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
Here is a pic of mine with the bottom adapter (comes with the battery).

is that the top cover thing, that the battery is sitting on? as the "adapter"?

Quote:

Here's mine installed

Where did you get / make your battery holder/ hold down thingy!?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #19
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInMaine View Post

Where did you get / make your battery holder/ hold down thingy!?
I ordered it thru these guys http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...ef1bda88400858

Only $45 shipped...There are similar boxes on ebay and I believe Demello makes a box similar to mine but there's is more expensive. It comes raw steel so I just painted it with bedliner out of a can.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #20
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Here's mine installed
what kind of terminals are you running? 4g? length?

Products Discussed in this Thread