Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tpms no light??

Old 02-18-2011, 05:19 AM   #1
graphicideas1 is on a distinguished road
graphicideas1's Tacoma Gallery
Tpms no light??

I purchased new rims and did not swap sensors. Drove for 20 miles from home and no light. What up?
Old 02-18-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
You won't get a light if you still have rims/tires aired up w/ sensors stored somewhere.
I usually get 35+/- miles from home before mine triggers. I use two sets for winter/summer & only one set has my oem sensors.
Have parked overnight 25 miles away from stored set & no light.
When the light finally triggers out of range, it resets overnight once home near stored tires/rims. 4 yrs & counting.....
Old 02-18-2011, 06:13 AM   #4
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
You have 20 minutes until the light flashes. It will flash for 1 minute and then stay on. If you shut the truck off during the first 20 minutes, everything resets. If not the light will stay on until you get within range of your sensors no matter if you turn the truck off or not.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfast View Post
You have 20 minutes until the light flashes. It will flash for 1 minute and then stay on. If you shut the truck off during the first 20 minutes, everything resets. If not the light will stay on until you get within range of your sensors no matter if you turn the truck off or not.
That has not been my experience over the last 4+ seasons swapping tire sets. I can drive all around town or up to the mountain with no shut off & beyond 20 minutes & light has never triggered.

But it takes me 40 minutes to get to exit 7 on I89 (where the light always triggers) on our way to camp, that exit is 40 miles away from my stored tire/rim/sensor set.

The same result use to happen with our 06 Tundra's sensors as well. That is why we never bothered to buy another set for our summer rims & tires. Put a card on the dash to cover the light when it triggers on the longer trips & take it down once home.

fwiw both trucks were 2006, maybe its changed in the later models?