Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hitch For Taco

Old 02-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
Bean&Cheese Taco
tiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to all
Army: E-2   13Fox
Name: VIC
tiresmokintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hitch For Taco

I need to get me a hitch for my taco. 05 DC long bed. Didnt come with one from the factory. I want one for a good price and one that doesnt look ugly. Pics and sugg please. Also, will the alternator that comes in the V6 tacos w/ tow pack help out much? Should I up grade alternator also? thanx anything will help
Old 02-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Before you go swapping out parts, what are you looking to tow and how frequently? The tow package comes with a transmission cooler also but, depending on your needs, you might not need these parts.

I added a class III Hidden Hitch. This is the only picture that shows the hitch. It's tucked up pretty well and looks clean in my opinion. I only wired in a flat 4 connection using one of those plug and play kits that T's into the tail lights. Some other brands to look into are Uhaul, Reese or even an OEM hitch.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
HomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
HomeGrown's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a pic of it, but I got a really nice looking hitch (looks like a Valley brand hitch, nice curved tubing) from Uhaul for around $135. I sold it last summer before I knew I was going to order another Taco. I will be buying another one. The hitch itself installs in like 20 minutes. And you can use a non-splice wiring harness for a Tundra on it.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
Bean&Cheese Taco
tiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Before you go swapping out parts, what are you looking to tow and how frequently? The tow package comes with a transmission cooler also but, depending on your needs, you might not need these parts.

I added a class III Hidden Hitch. This is the only picture that shows the hitch. It's tucked up pretty well and looks clean in my opinion. I only wired in a flat 4 connection using one of those plug and play kits that T's into the tail lights. Some other brands to look into are Uhaul, Reese or even an OEM hitch.
I carry alot of tile for my dad. I also need the hitch to carry my john deere lawnmower. The one you sit on. Also just for little hitch attachments like the bbq pit, cargo basket, and stuff like that.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
musty40 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alan
musty40's Tacoma Gallery
Are you in a rush?

I'm getting a new rear bumper and will be selling my factory hitch.

Alan
Old 02-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
Bean&Cheese Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by musty40 View Post
Are you in a rush?

I'm getting a new rear bumper and will be selling my factory hitch.

Alan
pm'd
Old 02-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
I might be able to help you...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ver-hitch.html
Old 02-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
Wrangler Convert
sixdoubleseven will become famous soon enough

Name: Dave
sixdoubleseven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiresmokintacoma View Post
I carry alot of tile for my dad. I also need the hitch to carry my john deere lawnmower. The one you sit on. Also just for little hitch attachments like the bbq pit, cargo basket, and stuff like that.
I, personally, wouldn't worry about upgrading the alt., battery, trany cooler, etc for what you're towing.

I tow my 17' center console behind my 06' DC 4wd, non tow package, without issue.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #9
DonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: don
DonnoD's Tacoma Gallery
i have the oem hitch for sale for $100. i just dont know how to ship something this big and heavy. heres a pic with the bumper still on it.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #10
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
DonnoD where you located?
Old 03-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
DonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: don
DonnoD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper6speed View Post
DonnoD where you located?
las vegas, nv