1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

About to order my lift!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RedneckSailor, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:14 PM
    RedneckSailor

RedneckSailor [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Quad-Cab 4x4 TRD Offroad
    So I'm going to order my lift next week. The plan right now is to get the Bilstein 5100's for the front end and set them at 1.75. I already have the TSB on the rear end, so I'm going to get the 1.5" AAL to match up with the TSB from Toyotec. I plan on doing the install with the help of a mechanic buddy of mine and taking it in for an alignment afterwards.

What is everyone's thoughts on this lift set up? Good/Bad?

Before I start the install, do I need to order anything else? I don't want to have to make several trips to the store or have to wait on any other parts to arrive once I start the install.

Also, I found the discount code to order the Bilsteins. Does anyone know of a discount for toyotec?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

2. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:22 PM
    baseballfan5566

baseballfan5566 Well-Known Member

Member:
    You should be fine..But I haven't put a lift on a toyota. My friend with his f150 had to make a lot of trips to northern tool for ball joint removers..ect. I think you should be fine..do you have a store like that near by just in case?

3. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    PM toytec for the discount code

4. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:31 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I think the Toytec code is in their vendor section

5. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:33 PM
    ds46000

ds46000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    from all the numerous threads i've seen w/ pics of 5100's on different settings...it looks like with the 1.75 setting and the tsb, your truck would be level (might even still be .5" higher in rear) . If you add a 1.5" AAL to that, you'll have quite a bit of rake because you'll be 1.5"- 2" higher in the rear. If that's the look you're going for, then have at it!

I hope that helps...and good luck w/ the install.

6. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:37 PM
    SDNATE

SDNATE New Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    What is a TSB? sorry might be a dumb question

7. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:38 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Technical Service Bulletin

8. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:40 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    TSB's are fixes for known problems issued by Toyota to their dealerships . If you have a problem that has a TSB issued for it , it will be repaired under warranty .

Products Discussed in

To Top