Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

About to order my lift!

Old 02-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
RedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud ofRedneckSailor has much to be proud of

Navy: Fire Controlman CPO
Name: Brian
RedneckSailor's Tacoma Gallery
About to order my lift!

So I'm going to order my lift next week. The plan right now is to get the Bilstein 5100's for the front end and set them at 1.75. I already have the TSB on the rear end, so I'm going to get the 1.5" AAL to match up with the TSB from Toyotec. I plan on doing the install with the help of a mechanic buddy of mine and taking it in for an alignment afterwards.

What is everyone's thoughts on this lift set up? Good/Bad?

Before I start the install, do I need to order anything else? I don't want to have to make several trips to the store or have to wait on any other parts to arrive once I start the install.

Also, I found the discount code to order the Bilsteins. Does anyone know of a discount for toyotec?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
baseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to beholdbaseballfan5566 is a splendid one to behold

baseballfan5566's Tacoma Gallery
You should be fine..But I haven't put a lift on a toyota. My friend with his f150 had to make a lot of trips to northern tool for ball joint removers..ect. I think you should be fine..do you have a store like that near by just in case?
Old 02-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #5
ds46000 is on a distinguished road
ds46000's Tacoma Gallery
from all the numerous threads i've seen w/ pics of 5100's on different settings...it looks like with the 1.75 setting and the tsb, your truck would be level (might even still be .5" higher in rear) . If you add a 1.5" AAL to that, you'll have quite a bit of rake because you'll be 1.5"- 2" higher in the rear. If that's the look you're going for, then have at it!

I hope that helps...and good luck w/ the install.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
SDNATE is on a distinguished road
SDNATE's Tacoma Gallery
What is a TSB? sorry might be a dumb question
Old 02-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDNATE View Post
What is a TSB? sorry might be a dumb question
Technical Service Bulletin
Old 02-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
TSB's are fixes for known problems issued by Toyota to their dealerships . If you have a problem that has a TSB issued for it , it will be repaired under warranty .