Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leaf Spring TSB 2010 Tacoma Pre-Runner TRD Crew

Old 02-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
Taco Tuesday
ShaneHD is on a distinguished road
ShaneHD's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf Spring TSB 2010 Tacoma Pre-Runner TRD Crew

I am having the TSB done on the leaf springs on Monday (parts ordered yesterday). My question is does this lift the rear end at all? Will I require some kind of front end leveling kit?

Beside the fact that I bottom out on light loads, what else will these new leaf springs fix for me?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
Taco Tuesday
ShaneHD is on a distinguished road
ShaneHD's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
It will raise the back about 3/4 of an inch over the way it is with the 3 leaf pack. It will make the truck ride a little stiffer but I like the ride better. Feels tighter to me.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Did you research this at all before diving in? There are a billion threads on this.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Did you research this at all before diving in? There are a billion threads on this.
well he needed the TSB for load carrying.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneHD View Post
I am having the TSB done on the leaf springs on Monday (parts ordered yesterday). My question is does this lift the rear end at all? Will I require some kind of front end leveling kit?

Beside the fact that I bottom out on light loads, what else will these new leaf springs fix for me?
Do you want the truck to sit level? I've heard that it lifts the rear from anywhere between 3/4" to 1.5".

It will make the truck feel more solid in the rear.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:23 PM   #7
volks71folk is on a distinguished road
volks71folk's Tacoma Gallery
Is this tsb like a factory recall or just a problem they know about?
Old 10-15-2014, 06:56 AM   #8
Skunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Skunkman's Tacoma Gallery
With your 2010 being out of warranty, did they give you any trouble about the TSB ? I tried to get them to do my 2010 DCLB PreRunner, it has 23 K on it, but a year out of the 36 month period, and got denied. They wanted 2300.00 for set of springs, what a joke, and even admitted my springs were spanked and needed replaced. I tried under my Platinum warranty then, and was told when they snap, bring it back.

The TSB is when they know there is an issue due to enough people contacting them on it. If you truck has the issue, and is included in the TSB VIN numbers, they will inspect it and on a truck by truck basis and decide if you qualify. Usually this must be within the 3 year/36K factory warranty period, some dealers are much better than others, and will help even if slightly out of the time frame, I have no such dealer here.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:50 PM   #9
volks71folk is on a distinguished road
volks71folk's Tacoma Gallery
The place that has the truck told me it has a 5 year 60,000 warranty from Toyota. Do they have warrant that long? Maybe extended. If that true the springs would be fixed under that waranty or is that just for powetrain?
Old 10-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #10
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Had mine done. Doesn't ride much different. Didn't lift the rear any. But, I can load about 600-700 lbs without hitting the bump stops all the time. So I like it.