Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

KC Daylighters or Hella 500's

Old 09-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
KC Daylighters or Hella 500's

Can't quite make up my mind....suggestions, pro's & cons's of each?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
My choice would be hella 500's the cost is awesome they are durable visability is awesome at night. cons non as of yet.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
I'll throw my vote in for the KCs. Had them on my 04 and absolutely loved them. Still trying to find a light bar I like for the 07, but I'll put KCs on this truck when and if I find the new bar.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
both are great lights, both are relatively affordable, but im voting for the hella 500's....great light in either spot light or fog light, and very durable. honestly though....cant go wrong with either.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i'm throwing the vote to the Hella's for a few reasons: i like that the Hella's have a plastic housing so they wont rust, they're half the price, they are a slimmer design that mounts into more confined places. I like the hella 500FF lights because they have a clear glass lense and the reflector does all of the beam aiming, they just look cleaner than the regular 500's. check your local walmart for these lights, they should be about $65 for the pair with all necessary wiring, $60 for the regular 500's.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #7
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
i'm throwing the vote to the Hella's for a few reasons: i like that the Hella's have a plastic housing so they wont rust, they're half the price, they are a slimmer design that mounts into more confined places. I like the hella 500FF lights because they have a clear glass lense and the reflector does all of the beam aiming, they just look cleaner than the regular 500's. check your local walmart for these lights, they should be about $65 for the pair with all necessary wiring, $60 for the regular 500's.
yep!!! got my hella's at pepboys for about $75...then 2 weeks later, our walmart started carrying them, and they had them for $60.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Hellas, but I cracked both lenses without hitting anything hard off of them. They still work, but there are big cracks right through the middle.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #9
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #10
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Is it safe to say the Daylighters at 130w are brighter than the Hellas at 55w?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTaco View Post
Is it safe to say the Daylighters at 130w are brighter than the Hellas at 55w?
yeah, im pretty sure the daylighters may be a good bit brighter.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #13
Black Betty is on a distinguished road

Black Betty's Tacoma Gallery
Question Pro Comp Motorsports H11 vs. Hella Rallye 4000 FF

I plan on getting the Pro Comp light bar for my 06. I have been wondering if I should go with the Pro Comps’s lights or Hella… My truck is black and the Hella comes in matte black housing. Any thoughts?
Old 09-09-2008, 12:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Betty View Post
I plan on getting the Pro Comp light bar for my 06. I have been wondering if I should go with the Pro Comps’s lights or Hella… My truck is black and the Hella comes in matte black housing. Any thoughts?
just my opinion, but the hella's would look killer on the truck. not really sure how good the pro comp lights are, since i havent ever used any, so i couldnt really say for sure, but i know the hella's are awesome lights.

by the way....welcome to tw!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:03 AM   #15
The Cooler King
Dustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of light

Dustin03's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dustin03
As a word of caution, make certain that the lights you buy are "sealed bulb" rather than "sealed beam." I went out and bought the brightest set of Dayliters I could find and never took that into consideration. The lights work great and they're bright enough that I can't use them when there's a sign anywhere to reflect them for fear of blinding myself, but the concern is that with the "sealed beam" the light housing itself is essentially the outside wall of the light bulb. So if anything penetrates that glass lense you'll have a cool explosion and no more lights.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #16
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got the Hella 500's and i love them. for 70 bucks a pair you get great light for great price.
Ive got the center two pointed straight ahead and then the two on the side are angled out a bit so that i can see whats on the side of the road, I like to see what Im about to hit!

Old 09-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #17
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone for the responses....I'll just have to weigh cost/quality and personal preference.