1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VSC light on again - UGH

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Black Sheep, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Feb 22, 2011 at 3:17 AM
    Black Sheep

Black Sheep [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Dbl Cab TRD T/X Pro
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    Ok, started up the truck to warm it up, shoveled the driveway again and then hopped in. Something didn't feel right. I couldn't hear or feel it running. I hit the gas and the rpm's didn't go up that much. I shut it off and restarted it and it sounded ok that tine. But, that darn VSC light is back on again. The last time, last week, all the dealer did was clear it. So, what might be causing this. With this, the traction control is gone so I need it fixed with this snow still flying. Time to call the dealer again and tell him to fix it this time and not just clear the light.

2. Feb 22, 2011 at 7:22 AM
    Black Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
  3. Feb 22, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    rvcahawaii808

rvcahawaii808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cameron
    beaverton
    Vehicle:
    04 limited T4R 4x4
    i had a similar problem on my 4runner. try and ask for a zero point calibration. the light also comes on if your speed sensor wire is lose or if the abs line is broken. i would check those first

4. Feb 22, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    Black Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks. I will take that info with me to the dealer on Thursday.

5. Feb 22, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    You haven't modified anything right? So it probably is some factory wiring gremlin - loose connector or something.

If you whacked a wheel against a snowbank really hard messing up your alignment, that could cause a steering-angle sensor weirdity, and a VSC light.

Products Discussed in

To Top