Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Safari roof rack

Old 02-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
Bamahoyt is on a distinguished road

Name: Ted
Bamahoyt's Tacoma Gallery
Safari roof rack

I found a wicked deal on a basket safari rack that I was going to throw on my truck for long trips since my truck is usually completely full and I think it would look really cool. Does anyone have pictures of one mounted on their cab? thanks for the help
Old 02-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #2
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Get it and mount it on a Thule Xsporter. Here is my setup.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
Bamahoyt is on a distinguished road

Name: Ted
Bamahoyt's Tacoma Gallery
Well the cargo basket I found was only 100 bucks so I was going to snag it and secure it to my OEM roof rack with some clamps for long trips but don't have the money for the Thule additions or anything like that. Is 78"x 54" too big to throw on top of my cab?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #4
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamahoyt View Post
Well the cargo basket I found was only 100 bucks so I was going to snag it and secure it to my OEM roof rack with some clamps for long trips but don't have the money for the Thule additions or anything like that. Is 78"x 54" too big to throw on top of my cab?
You never know till you check Craigslist.... Scooped up a this $550 rack for $180!!!!!.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:46 AM   #5

AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
What basket is that?
Thule M.O.A.B.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude wouldnt going out and measuring your ttuck be the smartest thing to do?
Old 02-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's a huge rack. 6' 5" long.

The Thule Moab is 44x39. With the extension it is 62x39. Found the pic below of the Moab mounted on a shell (no extension).

Your rack is 16" longer than the MOAB with an extension or almost 3 feet longer than the one pictured below and about 2 feet wider.

The bars on my shell are 52" wide:
Old 02-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post

]
That is a sick bike!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
That is a sick bike!!!
It's Joey Tacoma's. I just borrowed his pic.