Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pay or Try to get Dealer to Pay?

Old 02-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
JDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDeLuca's Tacoma Gallery
Pay or Try to get Dealer to Pay?

Pay or Try to get Dealer to Pay?-dsc00126.jpgI just bought my truck in December. A stain appeared on my hood. It is in the clear coat, a body shop tried to get it out and could not. They are the best in my area. They want $300 to repaint it. I had some prio
problems with the dealer. I may be able to get them to pay for it using their body shop. My feeling is I would rather pay the $300 and know it will be done right. Just wanted to know what others would do? Thanks
Old 02-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
If it's free let the dealer do it
Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
X2 What he ^^ said!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
For an 11. I'd have the dealer do it document it up. If there are any issues later on with the paint job you can get help from Toyota.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
dam, are you running battery acid as your washer fluid?... I would go to the dealer. If it happened in one area, it may happen elsewhere on the truck later on. Good to have it documented.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Jeez what caused that stain!?!?! Yeah, I would just have the dealer do it. Might as well you as much warranty as you can!!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
Silver06Taco is on a distinguished road
Silver06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
If the dealer will do it under warranty even after you had an outside shop try to get it out, I would go with that.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #9
JDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDeLuca's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I did not think about it happening to other areas. I guess it would be better to have it documented.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #11
Crunchy Taco
blacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
blacktaco21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevLot17 View Post
WTF!! i would definately take it to the dealer, if they wont fix it.. drive it through the showroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #12
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I had a paint defect on the hood of a f150 back in 03. It was a silver truck and it looked like the color was not even. They said it happens when the gun gets low on paint and spits out too much air.
The dealer was cool about and got it repainted in a few days. Looked good as new.
Pull into the service bay and talk to an advisor and with a stain like that I am sure they will get it fixed.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #13
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
almost looks like someone spilled something on it..Dont look like a clearcoat or paint problem.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #14
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
almost looks like someone spilled something on it..Dont look like a clearcoat or paint problem.
That was my thought too. I would ask the dealer to fix it, but don't get too mad if they tell you it's environmental damage that happened after the sale. It does look that way from the pic. $300 bucks sounds like a great deal to get it fixed, especially if you know they will do it right.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #15
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Have the dealer paint it. I had a blemish in my hood that ruined the clear coat and had the dealer redo it- no regrets.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #16
Trauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to all

Name: Tyler
Trauma85's Tacoma Gallery
I would say toyota will pay to have it repainted. They had issues with paint in the past, its nothing new to any auto brand.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #17
kelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant future

Army: 3 bde 2id
Name: brad
kelch89's Tacoma Gallery
i say go to the dealer. the paint on my 11 is bubbling just below the doors. my dealership said they will repaint it. im sure they will repaint yours as well
Old 02-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #18
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
There's a TSB on that.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #19
mattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattygabe's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely speak with the dealership to get something worked out. If they're at all interested in the dollars you'll be willing to spend for service on this vehicle, they'll do what they can to keep you happy in your new Taco.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #20
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
x2... That's not a factory paint problem, that's a stain of some sort. I've been painting cars for many years, and never seen anything like that before... Looks like someone put the wrong fluid in the washer fluid jug, although I don't know what you would put in there that would cause that kind of damage.