1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for ways to fit 32" or 35" general Grabbers on my 2nd gen Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TRD_COL_TACO, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Feb 23, 2011 at 4:03 PM
    TRD_COL_TACO

TRD_COL_TACO [OP] TRD'd out!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    California
    Vehicle:
    Toyota tacoma TRD "gold" edition (in the making)
    Fiberwerx body kit, Total Chaos Long Travel suspension kit, Special TRD rims, General Grabber tires 35" with red lettering, Pioneer navigation, car app, JL & Hertz audio. Future mods: Rear Light bar custom made Rear Spring Under conversion kit (DMZfab) Tiregate for spare 35" Grabber
    I have searched online for some desert friendly tires and the General Grabbers tires are my ideal option and ranging between these two sizes for a long travel kit which I am planning to buy sometime by the end of the semester or around the summer time pending on my finances. The trick I'm trying to pull off is to fit either one of these sizes onto my custom TRD rims (16"x 7.5) so I can use these tires on the account that my tires are almost gone. So far I was intending to purchase something cheap to allow to fit such as a set of fenders and a ready-lift leveling kit, mainly because I don't wish to place a procomp lift instead and I'm trying to save as much money as possible for my LT kit's needs. I'm also trying not to purchase new lift like shocks because I don't want to buy something expensive that I'm going end up throwing out once the LT kit is installed, but like I said I really want these tires because I need a new set that can be carried over with the LT kit to save on parts and not waste valuable money.and I do not wish to purchase another set other than these, my vehicle is a 2wd and it doesn't need "mud huggin" tires like alot of the trucks around my area I don't intend to sink my truck in mud or anything but I do like to drive out to the desert and go trial riding in places like Jawbone (dirt biking) but require this durable tire. Also I must admit I enjoy the style of this tire against many others such as pro comp, BFG, and Nitto, not to say that they do not make outstanding tires. If anyone has information on this to be an easy fix, I would like to hear any ideas that aren't irrelevant to what I'm trying to pull off

2. Feb 23, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    TRD_COL_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    California
    Vehicle:
    Fiberwerx body kit, Total Chaos Long Travel suspension kit, Special TRD rims, General Grabber tires 35" with red lettering, Pioneer navigation, car app, JL & Hertz audio. Future mods: Rear Light bar custom made Rear Spring Under conversion kit (DMZfab) Tiregate for spare 35" Grabber
    sorry I ment 33" size and 35" size however diameters on these tires show up as Overall Diameter 32.8, Overall Diameter 34.6, Superduty_HQ_OffRoad.com

3. Feb 23, 2011 at 4:11 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    thats a big difference, 33's require 3" of lift with some trimming depending on wheels, and 35's require a whole lot of trimming or a 6" lift. you could always sell everything when you go to get your LT. there are always people on here looking for lifts.

4. Feb 23, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    35"s require a body mount chop as well.

5. Feb 23, 2011 at 5:04 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Good on the edit... I was goint to say that the 32" Grabbers (265/75-16) are still not available... and they don't need a lift. I put on 32" Hankook Dynapros at a shop that also sells Generals, 4 days ago. My truck is stock, no lift.

6. Mar 7, 2011 at 11:54 PM
    ThunderTaco01

ThunderTaco01 A Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Southern Cal.
    Vehicle:
    '04 trd prerunner
    are those grabbers all terrain? what about the grabbers AT2s?

7. Mar 8, 2011 at 4:25 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    And an aftermarket front bumper if you have only 3" of lift.

8. Mar 9, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    TRD_COL_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    California
    Vehicle:
    First I'd like thankyou for some of the new info from fellow Tacoma owners, thanks.
    Okay so I just purchase Fiberwerx fenders for the truck to help the wheel space so now I'm looking around for a good bolt on bumper that dosn't cost alot reson being I had interest in getting a custom one done by DMZ Fab, also looking into camburg's front bumper but I have yet to contact them for pricing.

9. Jun 26, 2012 at 7:21 AM
    Toy Yoda

Toy Yoda gotta make sure Youtube comes down to tape this

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB
    OME, ARB, Warn, Snugtop XV
    why not just wait on the front bumper and get your custom one? I'm guessing you're looking at baja bumpers

Products Discussed in

To Top