Notices

Curt Hitch

Old 02-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
parrithead is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Shane
parrithead's Tacoma Gallery
Curt Hitch

Any one have an aftermarket Curt hitch on their truck? Looking for pics, to see how it mounts.
Thanks
Old 02-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #3

Marines:
Ok. Lets see it. I am looking for a hitch online. I want one that mounts underneath the truck and only reveals the receiver.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:40 AM   #4
Jerry Bear has a spectacular aura aboutJerry Bear has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jerry
Jerry Bear's Tacoma Gallery
Here are the installation instructions for the Curt hitch, with drawings:
http://sitepro12.sitepro.com/masterl..._13323_INS.pdf

I wouldn't buy the Curt hitch. The manufacturing is sloppy:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...urt-hitch.html

Also, take a look at this from the Curt instructions:
Quote:

If bumper alignment pin interferes with hitch installation, use a saw or cutoff wheel to remove the alignment pin from the side bracket.
BULLSHIT! The Reese/Draw-Tite/Hidden Hitch version mounts the same way as the Curt, but they keep their tolerances tight enough that they always miss the pin on the factory bumper bracket, not just sometimes.

From what I've seen, I like the looks of the Valley 82790 hitch because it installs without messing with the bumper brackets and maybe taking the bumper out of alignment. But, I haven't installed mine yet.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:48 AM   #5
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I had a U-haul hitch on my old Ranger and it was easy to install. Just bolted right up and looked good.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:03 AM   #6
VermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud of
Name: Devin
VermonterLost's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a curt hitch, works fine, fits good, installation was easy. Did it myself cause no one was around to help, have two people if possible would make it a lot easier. Thought shipping was really fast, then I realized they were located 6 miles down the road! Got it from JCW, got a free hitch with it.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #7

Marines:
Update

Despite mixed reviews I purchased the Curt hitch. $153 shipped to my door, with a free locking hitch pin from Autoanything.com. My 13 yo son and I had it installed in 45 min. The fit was good, everything lined up perfect. Very nice powdercoat. No complaints from me. Great deal for the $.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
As long as you didn't get one off ebay... I went to save a few bucks and it's rusting. The hitch itself was made well, but the paint job looked like spray paint.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:25 AM   #9

Marines:
Mine was powdercoated. Came directly from Curt mfg.