Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 TRD Offroad - Adjusting ride height

Old 02-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
2011 TRD Offroad - Adjusting ride height

I'm all about research and know it has to be here someplace but can someone direct me to a link or provide information on the process for raising my ride height to the 2.25'' setting on the front. I am getting my TSB done right now and am sure I will want to raise the front. Thanks in advance for the help.

Can't seem to find a service manual for the 2011's either, anyone get one someplace? Chilton only seemed to go to 09.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
its a secret code. on the stereo push 6,3,2,2,4

then it will ask what height you want it set to
Old 02-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't already have Bilstein 5100s, you'll have to buy a set for the front. Settings are .85, 1.75 or 2.5.

The factory Billys are not adjustable.

That's if the stereo number code doesn't work...
Old 02-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
And you will need to get an alignment, and you will need to buy new UCA if you set it at 2.5'', so most set it at 1.75''. And 265/75r16 is the biggest tire you can fit without trimming, both lifted and stock. ANNNND the search button is on the top right of the page, good luck!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
Andy2010 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
Andy2010's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post

Old 02-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
as above, you would need to buy the bilstein 5100s for the front to set the lift. the TSB bilsteins do not lift the vehicle
Old 02-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
I assumed the bilstiens that came stock with the TRD offroad package were adjustable. This toyota keeps getting worse and worse........
Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
Whistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Whistler_Steve's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
I assumed the bilstiens that came stock with the TRD offroad package were adjustable. This toyota keeps getting worse and worse........
Why would you ever assume that? I can't think of a single vehicle that has ever come with adjustable coil-overs.

And getting worse and worse...What other problems are you having?
Old 02-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #9
elgin is on a distinguished road

Name: Ian
elgin's Tacoma Gallery
the stock bilsteins are not adjustable like other said they are just an off road tuned shock. Two simple ways to add a small lift or to level out your truck after the tsb are add a spacer to the stock shock if you wish, or you can get bilstein 5100's that are hight adjustable. like others have said.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

lol what world do you live in where stock trucks have adjustable COs?

I realize newer Jeep models have an adjustable suspension. Can't wait to see what happens when one of those shits out on the trail.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #11

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Its just been a bad experience over all starting with multiple issues with the sale, then first trip out it has this horrible windshield noise that the dealer is now refusing to fix, refering me to toyota corporate, then I go camping and load up the back which acted like a flopping fish, the dealer is fixing that with the tsb but holy cow I have had this thing for like a month and the issues just keep coming. I want to love this truck I really do and hopefully this all gets resolved but when you pay 33k for something you sort of expect the product to work right.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
What truck has stock adjustable suspension? Range Rovers have it but they aren't truck as they cost like $80K.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
....none of which explains why there is reason to expect adjustable front C/Os from factory...
Old 02-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #14

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
We have already determined that the truck does not come with adjustable fronts, I was mistaken in my conclusions I had drawn from other threads. I think we can put the issue to bed now.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #15
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post

i tried this and left, right, left, right, down, up, down, up.

Gives me some kind of musical message
Old 02-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The windshield sucks but if the dealer won't fix it then I would choose a different dealer. The soft rear suspension is thanks to those that buy trucks to look cool then complain about the harsh ride. They are the same reason locking hubs and manual transfer cases are pretty much gone. You will find the same issue with most if not all trucks available today. Check out the Dodge 1500. It uses coils instead of leaf springs to improve on road handling.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #17
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
In all seriousness OP , you could just go to 285's on the front only .

That should level you out after the TSB springs are added .
Old 02-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #18
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USFCON View Post
i tried this and left, right, left, right, down, up, down, up.

Gives me some kind of musical message
no, you did it wrong. its 6,3,2,2,4. make sure the key is in the "ON" position but the engine isn't started, all while you hold in the tripometer button. and you need to have a satoshi grille.

and if that still doesn't work, rotate your tires, change the transmission fluid, then unhook and rehook the battery and try again
Old 02-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
In all seriousness OP , you could just go to 285's on the front only .

That should level you out after the TSB springs are added .

Old 02-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #20
Andy2010 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
Andy2010's Tacoma Gallery
Just chill out man. You're getting the rear fixed for free. Just add 5100's and set at 1.75 and you'll be level. For the windshield call corporate and politely complain, or like previously stated, try a different dealer. It'll all get fixed