Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sun Visor Warning Labels

Old 02-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
JTN757 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JTN757's Tacoma Gallery
Sun Visor Warning Labels

Does anyone have any slick ideas about how to remove those very annoying warning labels on the sun visors? Is that even possible without trashing the visors? I have a good looking new truck with those stupid air bag stickets plastered everywhere...want them gone!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
I would try goo gone, but I think they leave a light spot where they were. From the sun fading them.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Are your visors vinyl or cloth?

Mine were vinyl ....... I taped off the labels, sanded thems the best I could with 220 or so ..... sprayed them a gray ...... can hardly tell the difference .... the area is there but I never notice them .... can't tell from outside.

As far as the cloth ... I have read that you take a steam iron with a damp cloth over them to soften and at this point you can begin to peel them up .... ceaning with goo-gone.

Best of luck.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
haha clever. you make these?
Old 02-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
There is not really a consolidated place with good info on what WILL work. I have tried a couple methods that help remove the labels, but yet to find anything that makes them completely invisible.

iron and a damp cloth or paper towel. steam the label and peel off. leaves residue.

blow dryer. heat up and peel the label. leaves less residue.

I still need to try some goo gone to remove the rest of the adhesive.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #7
JTN757's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.

Appreciate the prompt responses. Please let me know how the Goo Gone works out for you.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
JTN757's Tacoma Gallery
How To Remove Goo Gone

1. Pour 1 cup warm water into a bowl.
2. Add 1 tsp. liquid dish soap to the water.
3 Dip a soft cloth into the mixture, and blot the Goo Gone with the cloth.
4. Blot the area dry with paper towels once the Goo Gone is removed.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #10
Shaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to behold

Shaggy's Tacoma Gallery
I would purchase one as well
Old 02-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #12
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Lighter fluid works well for cleaning fabric. I'm not saying for sure it will get the adhesive off, but maybe. I use it to remove grease/dirt spots from fabric panels at work.
Lighter fluid and a match. You will never know it was there.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #13
Marty Mcfly is on a distinguished road
Name: Jud
Marty Mcfly's Tacoma Gallery
i'd buy one too!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:34 PM   #15
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTN757 View Post
Appreciate the prompt responses. Please let me know how the Goo Gone works out for you.
Best method was using a hot iron and a wet towel. Steam the label and peel at it slowly, you should get it hot enough to peel with your finger nails. Keep re-heating/steaming the label until you get it all off. Let it dry. You will have a white residue from the label but it comes off no problem with Goo Gone. Wipe down with water and soap afterwards and you are good. It looks good but im sure after sitting in the sun for a few days it will look even better.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:45 AM   #16
SDNATE is on a distinguished road
SDNATE's Tacoma Gallery
I'd buy one as well!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #17
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk View Post
FTW
Old 02-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #18
Shaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to behold

Shaggy's Tacoma Gallery
I would like one for each visor to cover up the warning labels on each one.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #20

Shaggy's Tacoma Gallery
SOLD!