Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tire low warning is wrong

Old 02-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
jlcjr is on a distinguished road
jlcjr's Tacoma Gallery
Tire low warning is wrong

Yep, Added air to those that needed it even the spare (which I flipped over) and the warning is still lit. Is there a fix. Have y'all approached this before?

I ignored this for months and needed to drag a U-Haul home from Savannah figured I'd better check the spare...if was full.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
Xshark will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
Did you press the 'reset' button under the dash by your knees? (Its in the manual)
Old 02-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xshark View Post
Did you press the 'reset' button under the dash by your knees? (Its in the manual)
^This... The manual he is referring to is the Owner's Manual. It's a couple hundred page book that comes with the vehicle and is traditionally kept in the glove compartment
Old 02-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
jlcjr is on a distinguished road
jlcjr's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks I was hoping I didn't need to troubleshoot.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Did the 07's come with the 'set' feature ? I may be wrong but I thought that was a later addition .
Old 02-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
it is amazing how few people READ the owner's manual.

i read it cover to cover. i dont memorize shit, but if something does need addressing, i will remember vaguely, if the info is even in there.
crack the book.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #9
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
My 07 has it. I pushed it once when my light came on. It didn't fix it. Adding air to the spare did though.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #10
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
went and test drove my truck from the guy i bought it from (a few months ago), the next day he told me the light had turned on but the tires seemed fine. . . the day after that i drove it to my import mechanic for a complete lookover before i bought it, he checked the spare, all 4 and reset the button and he knows toyotas like the back of his hand, nothing. i check em all every week and hit the reset the way the manual explains but the light doesnt turn off. ive just learned to live with it.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #11
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
One of the sensors is probably bad. You'll probably have to get them tested to find out which one.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
my 07 doesnt have the reset button
Old 02-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #13
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Never used a reset switch on mine. It just took a little bit to clear on its own. same thing on the wifes car a couple weeks ago.. added air to the spare... she says the light is still on.. i said wait a day. sure enough.. it went off and hasn't come back.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #14
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I actually have to check my spare because my TPMS light has been on for almost a year now haha. Just been lazy because I don't know where I put the key for the spare lock.

In fact, I'll go look at it today
Old 02-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #15
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
With all five tires at the pressure on the door jam, press the reset button. When it blinks three times, it is reset. If the light blinks without you pushing the button, there is a problem with one of the sensors. If the light is on steady, one of the tires is lower than what is set from the last reset.
If you are asking this question on this forum, you have not made use of the wonderful search function this site offers This topic has already been covered.... blah, blah, blah....
Old 02-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #16
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
The tires can have whatever pressure you want in them.When you reset the light,it is reset to that pressure.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #17
asphinctersayswhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
EDIT: Mine does have it, I guess I never noticed it before.

I finally lowered the spare, found that it had only 10 psi left in there. Aired it up, used the reset button and voila! the damn TPMS light finally went away

Funny how I was too lazy to do this for about a year and had that TPMS light blaring at me for that long.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:09 AM   #18
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 spare doesn't have a sensor
Old 02-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #19
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Call mine the "Good Traction Light"...worthless system.

IMHO it's a dealer ploy to have people pay them to reprogram the system when the reset button doesn't work.

I just go "OLD SCHOOL"...keep an eye on my tires and check the pressure 2-4 times a month. Made it nearly 46 years, 30 years driving, and never needed an idiot light for tire pressure.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #20
opinions are like assholes; everyones got one.
TacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoSport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueLeader View Post
One of the sensors is probably bad. You'll probably have to get them tested to find out which one.
x2 I heard they were an add-on after the Expedition roll overs, but still find them absolutely useless