Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WRX exhaust tone

Old 02-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #41
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rubi View Post
I say if you want a WRX sound, get a WRX! Here is my STi next to my wifes Tacoma.
Now I kinda miss my STI
Old 02-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #42
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Now I kinda miss my STI
Me too....

Old 02-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #43
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Me too....

Mine:

Old 02-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #44
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
mine!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #45
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Being the service mgr for a subaru/vw store use the Subaru web site. Subaru.com this will explain everything to everyone about the Subaru and check out the great vids
Old 02-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #46
3 7 Mafia
Wow lots of former Subie owners, why did you guys switch over?
Old 02-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #47
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It was absolutely useless for everything except having fun.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #48
3 7 Mafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
It was absolutely useless for everything except having fun.
Hahaha so true
Old 02-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #49
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i never switched over, still have my subie
Old 02-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #50
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post

I wanted to keep both but I couldn't afford it
Old 02-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #51
3 7 Mafia
Quote:
So jealous!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #52
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have never owned a Subaru but I'd like to. I sure miss my RX7 though.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #53
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
So jealous!!!
meh, i only get to see my subie 2-3 times a year because its in China. Everytime I go back I bring her a lil something something. Last time it was catless up and down pipes, this time its Cobb springs and a Vibrant TPV Catlless 3" cat-back
Old 02-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #54
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I have never owned a Subaru but I'd like to. I sure miss my RX7 though.
You have an FD or FC?
Old 02-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #55
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVURA55 View Post
You have an FD or FC?
FD. 1993 Touring 5 speed.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #56
3 7 Mafia
Quote:
meh, i only get to see my subie 2-3 times a year because its in China. Everytime I go back I bring her a lil something something. Last time it was catless up and down pipes, this time its Cobb springs and a Vibrant TPV Catlless 3" cat-back
Aww man bummer, but nice mods
Old 02-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #57
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Christian that car is cherry man. My friends got a 93 R1. Unfortunately he hydro planed and smashed the front of his car, Lrg FMIC had a little damage but was bent back, now hes converting to single turbo and 99 spec front end, same color as yours.

Did you go to the big meet in LA in september? In Irvine i think?
Old 02-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #58
Banned
Quote:
Christian that car is cherry man. My friends got a 93 R1. Unfortunately he hydro planed and smashed the front of his car, Lrg FMIC had a little damage but was bent back, now hes converting to single turbo and 99 spec front end, same color as yours.

Did you go to the big meet in LA in september? In Irvine i think?
Sucks about your buddy. I got very lucky at times with mine.

I sold it about 4 years ago. I left my job at Albertson's because of the strike and started working minimum wage jobs so I didn't have enough money to work on it. Towards the end it needed a tranny rebuild and a front cover gasket. I had to let it go. When I had it I didn't really know about forums so I never went to a meet.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Sucks about your buddy. I got very lucky at times with mine.

I sold it about 4 years ago. I left my job at Albertson's because of the strike and started working minimum wage jobs so I didn't have enough money to work on it. Towards the end it needed a tranny rebuild and a front cover gasket. I had to let it go. When I had it I didn't really know about forums so I never went to a meet.

Sucks you sold it they are amazing cars and the rotary engine sets it apart from all other engines, especially sound wise. I definetly understand why you sold it, those arent cheap fixes especially on those cars.

If you really liked that thing you have to go to a meet sometime. Big one in Irvine is the best. Interesting to see a former FD owner now riding around in a Taco, complete opposites almost ha.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #60
Banned
Quote:
Sucks you sold it they are amazing cars and the rotary engine sets it apart from all other engines, especially sound wise. I definetly understand why you sold it, those arent cheap fixes especially on those cars.

If you really liked that thing you have to go to a meet sometime. Big one in Irvine is the best. Interesting to see a former FD owner now riding around in a Taco, complete opposites almost ha.
Sounds like fun. I kinda don't want to the that guy that talks about RX7s but doesn't own one. I'd love to get another FD but they are still a bit up there in price. I'm still putting money away for another car but I think I'm going Miata this time.

I love that rotary. Too bad Miatas don't have them stock.