LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WRX exhaust tone

Old 02-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #61
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Sounds like fun. I kinda don't want to the that guy that talks about RX7s but doesn't own one. I'd love to get another FD but they are still a bit up there in price. I'm still putting money away for another car but I think I'm going Miata this time.

I love that rotary. Too bad Miatas don't have them stock.
Im right there with you on that one, hate being the guy there that doesnt have anything to say but loves the cars. Yeah unfortunately I dont see there price coming down anytime soon, just like the Supra there in the same category.

My friends going to do the same for his daily driver, wants a hardtop miata. All you have to do is slam em and put some 15in rims and you're set. Would be an interesting project though, fitting a rotary into a miata.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #62
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
WRX wise, cool to see the other stuff you guys roll or have rolled.

Mazda wise, my daughters hubby recently picked up an early 90's RX. I haven't driven it yet but she refused to get close on the bring home ride since drops a 2 to 3 foot flame when off throttle.

I went over to check it out when he first got it. All real carbon bodywork (front bumper valance, front fenders, hood, rear valance), twin(?) turbo, intercooled, 3" straight exhaust.

Thanks for the links and help with the WRX exhaust note. As time permits I'll gather some parts and hopefully build a new system that replaces the oem "Y" pipe to tailpipe with a two into one muffler with a short tailpipe. I'll keep the oem exhaust manifolds and fwd cats initially.

Thanks
PK
Old 02-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #63
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
WRX wise, cool to see the other stuff you guys roll or have rolled.

Mazda wise, my daughters hubby recently picked up an early 90's RX. I haven't driven it yet but she refused to get close on the bring home ride since drops a 2 to 3 foot flame when off throttle.

I went over to check it out when he first got it. All real carbon bodywork (front bumper valance, front fenders, hood, rear valance), twin(?) turbo, intercooled, 3" straight exhaust.

Thanks for the links and help with the WRX exhaust note. As time permits I'll gather some parts and hopefully build a new system that replaces the oem "Y" pipe to tailpipe with a two into one muffler with a short tailpipe. I'll keep the oem exhaust manifolds and fwd cats initially.

Thanks
PK

No surprise to hear that he was popping off flames, RX's are known for running rich and burning bumpers ha. Make sure the fumes dont get to his head, everytime I get out of my friends car it smells like I just went face to face with a fuhkin boat.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #64
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVURA55 View Post
Im right there with you on that one, hate being the guy there that doesnt have anything to say but loves the cars. Yeah unfortunately I dont see there price coming down anytime soon, just like the Supra there in the same category.

My friends going to do the same for his daily driver, wants a hardtop miata. All you have to do is slam em and put some 15in rims and you're set. Would be an interesting project though, fitting a rotary into a miata.
I got my FD in 02 with 80K miles on the clock for $13K from a 50 year old lady. She just had the turbos and engine rebuilt and had receipts for it all. I went for it over the Supra, 300Z and 3000GT. Sometimes I wish I would have went with the Supra because the prices were still good then. No worries though since the FD was awesome.

Yeah it would be my DD/fun car. I'd like a V8 car but I need decent MPGs and a V8 car around my $5000 budget won't be very good on gas. I will for sure get a hart top for it. I would never drop the top on it.

Sorry that I messed up the WRX thread.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #65
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No surprise to hear that he was popping off flames, RX's are known for running rich and burning bumpers ha. Make sure the fumes dont get to his head, everytime I get out of my friends car it smells like I just went face to face with a fuhkin boat.
Rich is good in an FD... most are blown up by noobs turning up the boost with no fuel control or fuel upgrades. you can do that in a 4cyl to some extent... but not a rotary
Old 02-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #66
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
My Blitz exhaust caught my ex's prom dress on fire. I was rushing to the prom since we were late and she stood close to the exhaust because it was warm. I looked back and a saw a small flame. All well. She deserved it.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #67
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Sorry that I messed up the WRX thread.

Not really, I got a good amount of info, the ones with nothing but stupid to add stepped out, and it ended up being a decent sidetrack.

Kind of odd too how MurderedMyMutha who claimed this was locked had to see it blossom a bit to several pages. Oh well with time he'll learn and better understand that there is a lot more to life than his shallow wanna be wit.

Thanks for the help.

PK
Old 02-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #68
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Closest I've heard to that of a wrx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lSyZMXQ1Hw
Old 03-01-2011, 02:32 AM   #69
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
mine: