Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

trd supercharged question?

Old 02-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
andercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Calvin
andercal000's Tacoma Gallery
trd supercharged question?

hello!

so i was at work tlking to some people about lift truck and etc and this dude was tlked to me about my truck and was planning to lift my truck blah blah and he said get trd supercharged to get a little better mpg. cuz like it gives more powerthe less work to pull tires but if u have 4.0 V6 bone stock with lifts it gives less power the more work it pull tires. it gives poor mpg or whatever. so i dont know if it really works. so anyone know and have experience with this? giving me more info would be great!

Thanks for your time
Old 02-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
A supercharger can improve MPG if you stay at very low or no boost.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Yup I can get 19 with 33s and a lift and shit in the truck
Old 02-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger pushes more air into the engine, therefore using more fuel. It is also another parasitic loss bolted to the engine, therefore using more fuel. I really don't see how adding a supercharger could impove your fuel economy. It would not drop a gear as fast on hills if it is an automatic that's the only way I can see how a supercharger could improve fuel economy. I'm pretty sure anyone who says their supercharger improved their fuel economy drastically changed their driving habits after it was installed. With a supercharger you are much more aware of high RPM as the charger makes alot of noise.

P.S. please proof read I had to read your post three time to comprehend it.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
tacosrule is on a distinguished road
Army: Carl R Darnall Army Medical Center
tacosrule's Tacoma Gallery
actually theyre right. i had a (no flaming please) 2006 tiburon and supercharged, with injectors and tune and everything. my average MPG did go up and my foot was in it before and after.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
I have a TRD supercharger and MPG didn't go up for me. No lift, just 265/75/16 Load Range C GY Duratracs.

I always pretend like there's an egg underneath my gas pedal and baby the acceleration.

Maybe the reason for lack of increased MPG is due to cold weather or the aggressive tires.

Just filled up yesterday and it was $3.91 for 91 octane. In case you didn't know, a supercharged Taco has to use premium fuel.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #7
andercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hmm interesting. i've always want trd supercharge but it seems too pricey ha. thanks for the info!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderbrat View Post
Supercharger pushes more air into the engine, therefore using more fuel. It is also another parasitic loss bolted to the engine, therefore using more fuel. I really don't see how adding a supercharger could impove your fuel economy. It would not drop a gear as fast on hills if it is an automatic that's the only way I can see how a supercharger could improve fuel economy. I'm pretty sure anyone who says their supercharger improved their fuel economy drastically changed their driving habits after it was installed. With a supercharger you are much more aware of high RPM as the charger makes alot of noise.

P.S. please proof read I had to read your post three time to comprehend it.

umm sorry if you dont understand the deaf world. i've tried my best.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #9
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I don't get it
Old 02-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #10
05SuperChrg is on a distinguished road
05SuperChrg's Tacoma Gallery
With the supercharger and the new computer flash I am getting 20.5mpg. Before the new flash I was getting 19mpg.
The trick is not getting irritated with id10ts and not mashing the pedal, since that causes tire spin up to 35mph no problem