Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front tire alignment on 2 1/2 in lift

Old 02-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
jwb0306 is on a distinguished road
Name: john
jwb0306's Tacoma Gallery
Front tire alignment on 2 1/2 in lift

I have just had a toytec 2 1/2"lift installed on my 09 tacoma double cab. spacers in the front aal in the rear. I had my front tires aligned but they are still cutting in at the bottom and ruining my tires. I was wondering if getting the spidertrax tire spacers would help so it could be aligned without hitting the control arms.
thanks for any input
Old 02-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
What are your alignment numbers at. The tire shouldn't be rubbing the spindle at all. Spacers will help if it is, but that won't fix your alignment. You'll need to purchase a set of aftermarket UCAs if they can't get it aligned.

I'd recommend LR or TC UCAs from Wheeler's Off Road

In the future please check out the FAQ stickied at the top.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mods-more.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lignment.html\

-Max
Old 02-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
From how you describe it, it sounds like you have a lot of positive camber. I would go to another alignment shop. The only problem people run into with a 2.5" lift is running our of caster adjustment, but you shouldn't have any trouble getting camber and toe within spec.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
jwb0306 is on a distinguished road
Name: john
jwb0306's Tacoma Gallery
if it adjusted any more it is going to hit my control arms.
Would getting those toytec light racing control arms help?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
No one on here is going to be able to help you until you tell us what your current alignment settings are. They should have given you a print out at the shop before you left.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Find a better mech to do the alignment. I thought I had the same prob. Took mine to one NTB and they said they could get it close to spec but not all the way. Drove it and the wheel was cocked to the right and drifting to the left. So I took it to another NTB and they said that ain't right and the guy took an hour and a half to do it but it's spot on. Gonna use only him from now on. So the point is ditch the lazy mechanic and find a new one.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #7
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_TACO View Post
No one on here is going to be able to help you until you tell us what your current alignment settings are. They should have given you a print out at the shop before you left.
^^this and what are you saying is hitting the control arms?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
if your hitting the control arms then your tires are too big for the wheels your have and the alignment shop is compensating for it by giving you too much positive camber.

The lift your running is totally normal for our trucks and will not have a problem getting aligned right....as long as you have a good alingment shop and your tires are not too big.